Advice? (1 Viewer)

icklepickle

HSC
I just got another test back today for biology and I didn't pass :(
I'm one of those students where I'll do what I like and what I'm interested in, but this doesn't necessarily mean I'll do well in these subjects :(
Of course I came home in tears this afternoon and my mum has just suggested tutoring for maths (another subject I don't do particularly well in) and bio but I'm hesitant. I don't really want a tutor, I'm good with my teachers, but at the same time I really want my grades back up.
Anyone got any advice???

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Maybe hand in past/practice questions do your teacher's to mark?

Examine what you are struggling in? Is it not knowing the content?

Martin_SSEDU

HSC
I'd take it in a step-by-step process,

First, find out where you lost your marks and start to accept them yourself as to being personal mistakes. If you can overcome this hurdle, it gives you the best chance for recovery because you start to realistically find out what you did wrong and not just jump to conclusions like it was a hard exam, silly mistake or the marker just marked really harsh.

Secondly, go out and find ways as to how you can address these issues, go ask teachers or even other students as to how you can improve in these areas if you can't find out yourself.

Thirdly, make a study plan which pushes you to do the work you need to do to improve and set about a way of doing it. This is probably the key stage and your probably really wanting to get steps 1 and 2 right before getting here. I'd say personally, it might be just having to do more practice, learning the content more, etc.

Lastly, keep it up and don't get discouraged, it's hard to keep working when you don't even know what you're doing is going to improve your marks but you're just going to have to keep soldiering on and trust in your work ethic. Study as hard as you can as according your study plan to the last drop and don't cheat yourself, when your next exam hits then its your time to shine.

And hey, let's say nothing works out even after, at least you honestly gave it your best shot and to be honest just repeat these steps every time and it's the best way to keep moving.

Now, there's the obvious elephant in the room and that is you don't know what went wrong and you don't have any idea of how to absorb information. To answer this question simply, there are a lot of resources out their and a lot of support avenues available, just be on a proactive lookout.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)