Advice Required (1 Viewer)

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
Ok, well as some of you know I am taking up EE2 (whoooooooooooooooooooooooo!:lol:) the thing is i don't want myext teacher to be my "mentor" as for he is useless when it comes to giving criticism relating to essays and such. Originally i was going to do a video which my ext. teacher (despite his ineptitude at criticism) is well versed in bieng an ex-media studies teacher. Now that i have decided on doing a critical response i do not want him to advise me, instead i want my Adv. Teacher to be my "mentor" for he is fantastic with constructive criticism and providing insight into how we should respond to an essay etc. and since i am doing a critical response he would be fantastic to have as my "mentor".

Therefore i really scared o_O :worried:, nervous,:( anxious:eek: and upset:uhoh: of telling my ext teacher that i do not want him as my EE2 teacher, cause he is such a nice person and is useful, but not constructive. So how do you think i should tell him, without upsetting him.

Thanks in advanced Marcquelle :)

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
write a note to him or directly approach him and start asking him to give you more constructing criticism when he marks your work. If he blows at you, blow back and tell him you dont want him as your teacher

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
consider having both of them as your mentors and him as your main teacher or something if youre that concerned about his feelings

varying insight = awesome. i had my english teacher, the head of english, my history x teacher and my prefect co ordinator as mine for my ee2 work, and the different povs was great.

but tbh i doubt hell be offended. its your project after all, not his.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
i know i know him really well and i think this would crush him he has had a hard year (people complaining about his teaching style to the principal and that) so i don't want to add to it. I like the idea of having both of them, cause they are both good in one respect. But there is another teacher and she really knows her stuff. so i might consider having multiply "mentors".

I think i might just be direct but so nervous and scared but i don't know. Oh well

thank you both

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
marcquelle said:
i know i know him really well and i think this would crush him he has had a hard year (people complaining about his teaching style to the principal and that) so i don't want to add to it. I like the idea of having both of them, cause they are both good in one respect. But there is another teacher and she really knows her stuff. so i might consider having multiply "mentors".

I think i might just be direct but so nervous and scared but i don't know. Oh well

thank you both
you can never have too many mentors!

you're welcome love.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
marcquelle said:
yeah i guess so, thats all right.

how did you poetry go?
it actually came out really really well. im really satisfied with it.

it was alot of blood sweat and mainly tears though.
harder than the PIP and history x combined, purely because it was poetry.

Pink Oni

HSC
I'm sure there wouldn't be any harm in getting both of them to help, as (I think) was mentioned earlier. It's like getting help from more than one maths teacher, it can get interesting when a question is really complicated and the maths teachers point you into different ways to achieve the same answer.

Pink Oni

HSC
Rebekkie said:
sooner rather than later would be best coz you haven't officially started the course yet. maybe say you still value his insights and would like to get his opinion at some stage but feel that your change in direction would be better suited to another teacher.

we got a new head teacher last year who was supposed to be my ee2 teacher and because i didn't want her as my teacher i actually went up to her and told her that i worked well with the other teacher for ee2 and would prefer him and she was fine with it.
LOL, no offense or anything, but I would NEVER have enough courage to say that to a teacher. You are brave.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
Pink Oni said:
LOL, no offense or anything, but I would NEVER have enough courage to say that to a teacher. You are brave.
same but i might go for it, and say something like
"sir I value your insight into my education, but i feel as though i shall be able to work more productively with Mr.____, but may i still see you in regards to advice on my mjor work?"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)