advice plz? (1 Viewer)

a2z

HSC
N/A
I really really really want to do Law at Sydney Uni, but my UAI is waaaay too low to get in...I got 93.95. Do you think it's worth even bothering to apply for a fee paying place? (I know I'm below the five point cut-off for fee paying). I suppose I could also apply for Arts, and then try to transfer, but if I don't get a transfer place, then I'll be stuck doing arts, and I want to do a double degree. Crap...any advice???

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Maybe you should re-post this in the UAI or Uni forums. These forum is a spam-fest and by the next post someone will most likely be talking about underwear or something as equally out of place.

psycho_mushy

HSC
Originally posted by Loz#1
Maybe you should re-post this in the UAI or Uni forums. These forum is a spam-fest and by the next post someone will most likely be talking about underwear or something as equally out of place.
:rofl:

right on Loz!

hahahah... underwear! :rofl:

is a roflcopter
HSC
have you considered law at any other universities?

crazyhobo

Could I be made a mod just for tonight so I can ban psych....i mean....help moderate? It could be like a xmas present to the forum.

a2z

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by crazyhobo
Don't do law. Problem solved.
No, I really really want to do Law, you don't understand.

Originally posted by Loz#1
hmmm...thats a good point...lol! thanks for ur advice ppl.

*waves goodbye*

a2z

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Newbie
have you considered law at any other universities?
Well, the cut offs at UNSW are not as high as Sydney's, but I'm still nowhere near enough for it. The fee's at UNSW are even higher than the fees at USYD, and I think I'd be pushing on my parents' generosity by asking them to pay UNSW fees. No other uni's in sydney offer fee paying places...my other option is to go to Canberra, but I dont think I'm emotionally equipped to deal with moving away from my family yet....I'm not even 18!!

a2z

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Newbie
fine dont read my post =/////
lol...sorry, dont b offended...i'm just a bit slow with reading things today

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Do you understand how many law graduates come out each year?

well its proportional to the entire Australian industry

1 graduate to every 1 lawyer

soooo do it if you want but becoming a lawyer may be hard

a2z

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Beaky
Do you understand how many law graduates come out each year?

well its proportional to the entire Australian industry

1 graduate to every 1 lawyer

soooo do it if you want but becoming a lawyer may be hard
Yeah, I know it's a tough industry to get jobs, but I don't want to do Law for the money....I want to do it so that I can help out ppl who would otherwise not have access to legal help. It is something that really interests me, not something that is attractive because of job prospects/pay etc.

a2z

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by truly-in-bliss
transfer? why u want to go to usyd so much? why not uts (fee) considering u have a lower uai?

on another note... thread moved to university-general
As far as I can tell, UTS doesnt have a fee-paying option...only Sydney and New South do.

Thanks for moving it for me :)

a2z

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by natstar
Yes there are other options besides syd
I know that! Everyone must think I'm a snob for wanting to go to only Sydney, but it's not like that. The only uni's offering fee paying courses are Syd and New South...and New South is more expensive, so it makes sense to want to go to the cheaper one, especially considering that my parents are very kindly offering to pay, even though I know they can't really afford it.

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Well theres nothing you can do, unless the UAI drops which is impossible.

Why not other Universities besides those 2 mega uni's unsw and usyd, uni's like UNE or ANU? I dont know what their cut offs are.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
what about Wollongong? You said you UAI was 93.95, right? Wollongong is set at 91. Go there. Transfer if you really wanted to go to Sydney..

Oh, ANU(Canberra) = 95
UNE(Armidale) = 80

a2z

HSC
N/A
Yeah, distance is a bit of an issue with Wollongong, UNE and ANU...i'm a bit too young to move out of home yet...I dont think I'm mature enough to do that yet. My sister went to Wollongong for a while, and the distance thing became too much, so she dropped out, and she was only doing one degree, not even a combined one. I think I may have to try transferring after a year. Thanks for ur advice ppl!

*10#

the distance is a bit much - well have a cry why dont you!!!!!

think of the rural students who have to travel like 6 hours to go to uni - think of the cost and the sacrifices they have to make

wollongong is a whole 2hrs or something away from sydney - shit thats gonna ruin your day
and maybe moving away from sydney would help you GROW UP a little and MATURE

clearly you are cutting off your own options by being an immature selfish little .........
if you really did wanna study law as bad as youre making out then you would do Arts for a year and work your fucking arse off and make sure you got a transfer
OR as suggested go to a different uni for a year and apply for a transfer

if you are as immature as you sound - why dont you defer for a year - grow up - then move to wollongong

pleeze stop the complaining ppl are a lot worse off than you

Generator

HSC
N/A
As I said in another thread, maybe you should get back to the real world and consider UWS. You could also wait and try and enter into post graduate Law at USyd.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)