advice please (1 Viewer)

CloudStrife

HSC
I'm in my final semester of actuarial studies at macquarie uni and my grades aren't impressive at all ( between pass and credit). I recently found a temp job in a financial company but have found that I'm really unsuited for the business environment and commerce in general. Sounds real dumb to take 4 years to realize that i dont enjoy the area/course i study. i know. but I just don't feel that I've achieved anything at the end of the day at work. I'm not the type to go on volunteer programs to help people in third world countries but I've realized i do want to have the satisfaction in contributing to society from my job.

I've applied to apra since they're prudential regulators, but i'm still not sure of whether i have a strong enough interest in finance/commerce to have the drive and motivation to go work in a commerce environment.

So I was actually thinking of applying for Master of Pharmacy but the problem is that my uni grades are too low to apply. My GPA according to the GAMSAT conversion system, is rounded to about 5 but the requirement is 5.75.

I've looked at the newcastle program mast. pharm. program but they have prerequisite for undergraduate degree in biomed science or health science related.

fairly wordy post, so thank you for reading.

Any comments/advice would be appreciated.

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
Well if your .75 you should go and speak to coordinators of Master of Pharmacy. Thats the best way to know if ur still eligible. Also another factor how long will it take to complete the pharmacy masters, if you choose to do it?

CloudStrife

HSC
i've been through that.....if i don't like my work i'll suck it up and keep at it.......problem is i suck it up and still don't like it .....

yeh, i'm waiting on a reply on whether there's alternative to the gpa requirement..... the program is 2 years...but i'll need to do a year of prerequisite subjects.....all up it'll take 3 years....that's 3 years im willing to give up to do something i can hopefully enjoy for the next 30 years or whatever...

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
It'll cost you like $60 grand to do it since Masters generally don't have HECS. Is it really worth it?

CloudStrife

HSC
should be able to hecs masters....but isn't it worth 60 grand to change to something you'll hopefully enjoy than stick it out with something that you know you wont enjoy for the rest of your working life....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)