Advice on a friends relationship (1 Viewer)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I need you guys advice for something.

A good friend of mine, well she used to be a good friend until this happened, was chatting in a chatroom one night and she started talking to this guy, and they decided to meet the next day after talking for about an hour ... but this isn't the problem ... although talking for an hour then meeting up the next day is kinda fast.

Anyway, this guy is like 30 almost 31 years old and my friend is no where near 19 and she says that she loves him and that he loves her, and apparently they kissed and he said that she was a good kisser, etc but i get the feeling that he is after one thing, sex, but she won't believe me.

I tell her that its lust but she says its love. But ofcourse i know that they will be looking for different things in the relationship. This has caused a huge problem in our friendship cause we used to be like sisters until this came up.

Does anyone have any suggestions of how i can get through to her and wake her up!!! :confused:

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
its hard to "get thru to them"..
my friend was in the same situation...she was dating a internet guy...
first over the net..then they met up
and she was convinced "they were in love"
he turned out to be after one thing..and when he got what he wanted
he dumped her

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
umm look i know its tough to stand by and watch.......but theres nothing u can do really......i mean....she isnt going to listen to u coz nothing has happened yet,....its only when she gets hurt that shell learn her lesson....however u cant expect someone to back away from a situation that hasnt hurt them yet..........u can try talking to her...warn her of the dangers,....speak to her parents....and be there for her when she needs u...coz shell get herself into shit real soon......

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Ha ... shes on enough medication for her to loose her memory, lol.

she had ect that electric shock therapy thingo ... she lost her memory then

thx anyway guys ... i'll just let her end up getting hurt ... even though we have been through so much together.

Last edited:

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Cape said:
Ha ... shes on enough medication for her to loose her memory, lol.

she had ect that electric shock therapy thingo ... she lost her memory then

thx anyway guys ... i'll just let her end up getting hurt ... even though we have been through so much together.

really thats the best thing to do...and then be there for her when she needs u (which she will) and then u can say "i told u so...bahahahahhahah".........

well no u might want to refrain from saying that....

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
Take away her Internet connection, lock her in a room and slap her silly, fool!

Senator04

HSC
N/A
It might be hard to convince her, people are pretty stubborn when it comes tothat kind of stuff. Maybe she will have to taste the wine some more before she realises it is sour

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Senator04 said:
It might be hard to convince her, people are pretty stubborn when it comes tothat kind of stuff. Maybe she will have to taste the wine some more before she realises it is sour
i agree, which is very hard and scary. what if it gets out of hand and she gets very hurt? but there isn't much else you can do but make sure she knows you don't approve.

Bone577

HSC
N/A
Convince her love is dead, out-dated and juvenile.

You should have prepated for this earlier with careful conditioning, turning her into a hardened cynic with a heart of ice.

Bizzy Bone - "My brothers don't cry, I shed my last tear when I found out love was a lie"

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
Cape said:
I need you guys advice for something.

A good friend of mine, well she used to be a good friend until this happened, was chatting in a chatroom one night and she started talking to this guy, and they decided to meet the next day after talking for about an hour ... but this isn't the problem ... although talking for an hour then meeting up the next day is kinda fast.

Anyway, this guy is like 30 almost 31 years old and my friend is no where near 19 and she says that she loves him and that he loves her, and apparently they kissed and he said that she was a good kisser, etc but i get the feeling that he is after one thing, sex, but she won't believe me.

I tell her that its lust but she says its love. But ofcourse i know that they will be looking for different things in the relationship. This has caused a huge problem in our friendship cause we used to be like sisters until this came up.

Does anyone have any suggestions of how i can get through to her and wake her up!!! :confused:
I have no advice, but if you find a cure, let me know. I have a friend in need.

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
there's nothing much you can do to change her mind, because people are stubborn and she'll do what she wants. try not to let this situation wreck your friendship, like, stick by her. don't shun her because you hate what she's doing or don't understand why she's doing it, even though you really disapprove. she might actually run to him if you do. let her know that you'll be there for her, but also tell/warn her that she shouldn't do anything rash.

ok, it's really weird, but it is possible that the guy really does respect her? well, you never know. just warn her to be careful, and to not be naive. ultimately, if this is a mistake, it a mistake that she herself must realise. you telling her to stop seeing him won't help, so like i've said already, just make sure that whatever she does, she doesn't act without thinking things through.

i hope things work out

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Friend? You're just upset that she's having sex with someone else.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
neo_o said:
Friend? You're just upset that she's having sex with someone else.
that wasn't funny - the only reason why i care so much about her, is that she is like a sister.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
nope ... shes still as stubbon as ever, i know that i can't take control of her life and i know that she can look after herself, but i don't know, maybe i will just sit back and see what happens.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)