Advice From Past Cruisers! (1 Viewer)

r.haidar

not crusin til schoolies!
HSC
mish88 said:
hey hey i was just wantin 2 know how much money u took 4 spending money coz i really dont know how much 2 take lol....if any1 is goin on the 9th of dec 2006 u should add me 2 msn surfchick32@hotmail.com
i cant wait its goin 2 be so good:)
ADVICE FORM PAST CRUISERS
read the other posts before making ur post....

HSC
Another question;

Whats with bringing alcohol on with you in your luggage. I heard you can take 2.25 litres or some such. Is this true?

Cheers

*miss jess*

HSC
EightySixMafia said:
Another question;

Whats with bringing alcohol on with you in your luggage. I heard you can take 2.25 litres or some such. Is this true?

Cheers

Hey,
apparently if its not a schoolies cruise your allowed to take 1.25 L, but we weren't allowed to take any alcohol bottles on. However note that there are ways around it if you think about it, your luggage just goes through an x ray machine and any alcohol is taken off you and given back at the end of the cruise.

Smavie

Under Achiever
HSC
Just a few questions;

1) What's the deal with safety on the boat?

2) Is it alright to leave your valubles and junk in your room?

3) Do many dropkicks try and fight people at the deck parties?

4) Do you get phone reception on board?

Miss Breezy

HSC
Smavie said:
Just a few questions;

1) What's the deal with safety on the boat?

2) Is it alright to leave your valubles and junk in your room?

3) Do many dropkicks try and fight people at the deck parties?

1. they are safety conscious
  2. i found it pretty safe, there are individual safes in your rooms for you valuables and every room is lockable and only u, ur room mates and cleaners have access, i found the cleaners really nice.
  3. there were fights on my cruise, not sure how many were "genuine" but i'm sure there were dropkicks trying to start fights
  4. No you don't get reception even if u put international roaming on because u can only get signal if ur near a tower and they aint in the ocean.
Hope this has helped.

TTK

HSC
:) cheers for the info guys, seems like tis gonna be fucking awsome, me and my mates are going on the 1st of defember one, and i turn 18 on the 5th, does that mean that they will give me a wrist band when i hit 18, or how will it work?

Jared :)

r.haidar

not crusin til schoolies!
HSC
Smavie said:
Yes... only if u have vodafone international roaming and only at REALLY random times... trust me my mate got reception...

TTK said:
:) cheers for the info guys, seems like tis gonna be fucking awsome, me and my mates are going on the 1st of defember one, and i turn 18 on the 5th, does that mean that they will give me a wrist band when i hit 18, or how will it work?

Jared :)
1. it IS gunna be a fucking mad crusie i wish i was going again lol... its definatley the best 10 days of ur life NO DOUBT!!!!!!

2. u will get the band on the 5th as far as i know

danman101

HSC
HI! ,
Im going on 23rd nov cruise, and i heard that drinks were quite expen$ive on board, is this true?
and what are the chances of smuggling some alcohol on board through my luggage (im 17) ?
thanx. :)

Last edited:

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
Hey guys,
I just came back from my cruise it was so awesome, I had a ball!!:)
I loved everything about it!!!!! I will definitley be going on another cruise hopefully around the same time next year:)

Odourless

HSC
danman101 said:
HI! ,
Im going on 23rd nov cruise, and i heard that drinks were quite expen$ive on board, is this true?
and what are the chances of smuggling some alcohol on board through my luggage (im 17) ?

Drinks are fairly cheap when compared to bars and clubs around sydney.

I can't remember exactly but i think shots were something like $5 and stuff like long island ice tea, electric lemonade (6 shots each or something insane) for $13.

And I doubt you will be able to smuggle any on board. They x-ray your luggage and any alcohol on board will be held onto until you get back at the end of the cruise. Regardless of age. Unless you put your alcohol in some different bottles or something (i.e shampoo) but if you can be bothered then do that.

tomcleary

HSC
a mate who went on last year put vodka in a mouth wash bottle and used food colouring to make it look like mouthwash. he said it worked perfectly for him.

haha sounds hell cheap but ill be doing this

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
danman101 said:
HI! ,

It depends what you buy.
I usually just drank midori and lemonade, bourbon, or vodka and midori cost $5.50 bourbon was $6.00
cocktails range from about $7.50 up.
Each day they had a cocktail of the day on special.
softdrinks-$2.00 can
oj-$1.50 glass

binx88

HSC
I was wondering if anyone could tell me what happens if you need to see the doctor at anytime whilst on the ship. How is payment made, price of sea sick needle and any other usefull info. I am aware that my travel insurance will cover medical costs but what is the form of payment whilst on the ship

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
the doc is down on level two. the payment is made onto your cruise card so make sure you bring a spare 200 bucks in case you need to go down there and get a needle or tablets. i think it cost my mate 120 to get an injection and a course of tablets for seasickness. if you have travel insurance you will be covered.

gorgeousjai

HSC
hey guys im goin on the 9th and the thing is i get sea sick when the sea is rough will i have a problem on the cruise? and is it some massive hookup fest? i hope there are some hot boys!

T-Boner

HSC
holy shit PLEASE stop posting about this cruise i still have to wait until the 23rd of november and im frothing at the mouth here!!!!! aaaaaaaaah!!!!

i think all of my questions have been answered, other than maybe what theme nights were there exactly? i wanna be able to tailor my luggage a bit so i can be suited up for the themes hahaha.

shit i cant wait now, i really should start saving my pennies. still need to pay the $1400 balance or whatever it is then save some spending dosh.

also, how is everyone on the cruise, is it basically everyone that wants to get hell loose and hook up? or are only a few like this?

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
T-Boner said:
i think all of my questions have been answered, other than maybe what theme nights were there exactly? i wanna be able to tailor my luggage a bit so i can be suited up for the themes hahaha.
On my cruise the theme nights were: island night, country western, 2 formal nights, pj night, &i think there was superhero.

dodgyfilokid

HSC
i was just wonderin how do u pay for all your expenses on d ship...do they bill you after the cruise? can u pay by cash, eftpos or credit card?

Odourless

HSC
dodgyfilokid said:
i was just wonderin how do u pay for all your expenses on d ship...do they bill you after the cruise? can u pay by cash, eftpos or credit card?
You get a special cruise card thing which acts like a debit card. Basically you just put money onto this and whenever you make a payment for something you just use your cruise card. So you only have as much as you put on.

mish88

HSC
hey hey
im sooo keen 4 this cruise i can not wait gunna be the time of my life...meet so many ppl
Do they care when ppl go bak into the room where they r not stayin...like guy n chick? or they sweet bout that? Do they care bout ppl have sex n shit?
im goin on the 9th so it should be great fun

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)