ADVICE from a recent hsc graduate to u to be hsc graduates (1 Viewer)

aditya

HSC
PRACTICE!!!!

constantly... thorughout hte yr practise writing economics essays, get ur teachers to mark them or at least read over them quickly if they're lazy fucks and give their opinion, im sure they will and this will also improve ur rapport with the teacher come exam day....

an example of rapport... the teacher tells u to improve something really specific, something that is tricky to improve... u improve it with flying colours... trial hsc time he reads ur essays, looking for that improvement, u move from a modest 15 to a healtyhh 17/18 in just one step...

but honestly if i have one regret its not practising essays... do like 2 a week on the topics, get specific although its not necessary for hsc just do it anyway...

i dno how correct or practically posisble this is but read through (throgouhly) if u have some spare time ( as in outside necessity and assesments) read trough the monetary and fiscal policies.... that may help u gain a wider perspective... id say u should do tha tafte rur half yearlies... read with interest as well try to think about it i think if u can learn to think in that way its much easier to get the higher order marks... as ull have something different in ur essays...

but what i think is most important... if u feel ur grasping economics well... not awesome but well... u get most things then u should definately go into google and research some deeper stuff.... this is mainly on macroecnomics u know like inflaiton unemployment... interest rates dollar? all those things? i know its pointless cuz ur in globalisation now u prolli hav eno idea... but yeh wen u get into those type of issues..... then yeh.... look further into the phillips curve, the NAIRU and also most importantly the different economist theories.... like supply-side economics, neo classic economics and also keynesian economics.... the last one being hte most important IMO.... but yeh microeconomic reform to me contradicted everything we learnt, because it is mad... and should be employed but anyway....

but yeh.... baically for economics success!!!! there is a 4 point formula that will lead u to greatness

1. Don't do toooo many notes, make a whole stack of notes on everything then summarise the points u cant repeat in your head - make intelligent notes... use a few different sources, add something more intelligent and even so get ur teachers to revise them.. incase u have a concept confused or your missing an important branch (tons of those!)

2. Don't spend too much time on economics assignments... i mean if u have the time then yeh fine, but ur other subjects are important and ecnomics can be entriguing like the case study... i spent ages on my case study because I likde it and its not something i regret but yeh i wouldnt recomend it... best thing is get someone hus done economics to read it.. get ur hands on someone... [ ill do it for a charge ;) ]

3. UNDERSTAND AND NOT JUST MEMORISE [ but by all means memorise ] just make sure u understand what ur memorising, that way u can adjust easier... u remember those books that said turn to this page or this page... thats wat economics is like... there are a few pages u can turn to depending on the quesiton.

4. PRACTISE BEFORE EXAMS!!!!! practise past exam papers, modify them if necessary but yeh practice because if u practice then ull have no weak points or the weak points u have iwll be of a much lower degree and ull feel happy :) - and if u do have weak points still.. .then just practise and dunt let it get to u... moral of the story.. discover ur weak points as early as possible.... MAKE UR FKN TEACHERS EARN THEIR TWO WEEKS HOLIDAY!!!

study hard, its only one year, even if u failed yr 11 completely u can gun it in yr 12 and get 97 + uai... even if u dunt go so good in ur half eyarlies u can slam the hsc on its head and pull o 97 but I WOULDNT RECOMMEND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

just study heaps hard.... HEAPS HEAPS HEAPS HEAPS HARD!!!!! that way wen u finish.... but take breaks... if ur friends are going to the movies and u have no reason to study then go along... if their is a party goto the party... just have a think... dunt get to wrapped it... celebrate ur birthday and ur mums birthday and ur dads birthday and everything will be all and well ;)

haha

good luck

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
now why didn't you come one year earlier?

*cries*

hahaha

but yeah good advice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)