advice for incoming Yr 12 (1 Viewer)

doodydo

HSC
N/A
to everyone who's experienced the traumas of the HSC, please share your tips for success or mention your regrets!

i have a feeling we young 'uns have no idea what we're in for!

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
have a good plan on what you are hoing to do - good organisation is a MUST, manage time efficiently and effectively - dun study all day all night cuz you'll turn into a zombie and you'll miss alot of stuff....similarly dun bludge forever cuz its not what 12 yrs of schooling culminate at, don't stress(haha this is like telling some1 takeaway is bad 4 u) amd most importantly enjoy it.

...too bad i never heed my own advice...

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Just work steadily all year. Don't tire yourself out right by working yourself to death right at the beginning - keep a steady pace and if you screw up an assessment or two, it's not the end of the world

Benno

HSC
Concentrate on assessments and ur ranks, there whats important

quarkfire

bludger
HSC
N/A
don't wait until the day before assessments/exams to study! work consistently.. it'll pay off in the end.

picaresque

HSC
Don't listen to people that tell you to have a balanced lifestyle. They're lying; it can't be done.

Remember: study, study, study.

And if you are admitted to hospital due to fatigue, take your textbooks.

:)D)

Seriously though...relax and try to enjoy the ride. That's what I'm going to aim for.

That, or becoming a SuperNerd.

Both are admirable goals. (;))

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
yeah, also USE THE JANUARY HOLIDAYS to get in front of your class, and so u can finish the course earlier and so that u can do more practice papers.

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Originally posted by Benno
Concentrate on assessments and ur ranks, there whats important

lol imagine a fully selective school [ouch.. i'm going to one :cold:]

or even sydney girls.. they prob kill each other for ranks..
i heard that the girls in North Sydney Girls like study SO much.. that their period stops from all the stress ..

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Enjoy it while it lasts, too. It's the only time you'll be in yr12 and top dog at school :D

tash

lalalala
HSC
yeah and stay really motivated. if you don't continuously moan about the work and just think it's all really interesting and fascinating (even if it isn't, manipulate your brain to make it think it is!) so you actually feel like doing the work. and don't procrastinate!

Nicksta

1. Get heaps drunk at every oppotunity

2. Abuse people younger than you, and If they talk back, claim they are not 'respectfull of their elders'. Constantly remind everyone you OWN this school now.

3. At your formal remember to burn any bridges remaining with teachers/peers. This is best done by combining points 1 and 2.

4. Have fun, but study when it counts. Having fun is best acomplished by combining points 1,2 and 3.

5. Don't regret a thing.

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
*relax now while you can (soon yr12's gonna become a ratrace for marks.. chill n stay good.. )
*dont' study all summer.
*eat healthy (average yr12 gains 8kg during 12 months.. most probably an urban myth but srzly.. chocolate binges do become quite attractive after continuous study)

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Originally posted by +:: $i[Q]u3 ::+
**eat healthy (average yr12 gains 8kg during 12 months.. most probably an urban myth but srzly.. chocolate binges do become quite attractive after continuous study)

BAHH i just gained some weight... >.< i hope i dont gain 8 kilos more ! *shudders*

i'm hoping it is an urban myth

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)