advice for incoming year 12s!! (class of 2024) (1 Viewer)

libestraumno3

HSC
more of a general thread for advice - how to prep during holidays, how to keep on top of work, social/study life balance, y12 subject selection regarding extension subjects and any funny (or not so funny) experiences previous year 12s would like to share :)

gamja

HSC
more of a general thread for advice - how to prep during holidays, how to keep on top of work, social/study life balance, y12 subject selection regarding extension subjects and any funny (or not so funny) experiences previous year 12s would like to share :)
quickly but properly test out all possible geographical places to study - living room, bedroom, local library, school library, off-hour tutoring place, etc and go to the two places where you are most efficient (switching up is important to help you stop getting bored).

You can choose to go with your friends or not, but if it usually just ends up in laughs and not much stuff done, you might want to just fly solo.

from my experience many people fall off hard during the holiday period after school (around now midway thru sep) up to hsc exam 1 (midway thru oct) because no school, no teachers, no friends and less tutoring in stimulating study time. Figure out a plan for yourself, and maybe experiment with it the holidays before trials or something.

Most tips and stuff you see aren't silver bullet solutions and you need to adapt advice to your own habits and situation IMO.

Experiment, and don't stress (if you can fix it, why stress? If you can't, why stress?).

gamja

HSC
i wanted to get above 3100 - to have a proper go at unsw, qld med, maybe even monash
but i got a lot lower that I thought, and 2920 isn't a score competetive enough

I basically have to get super lucky with my interview now at only a select few med unis, because my atar is also maxxed at around 99.5

hence 2920 ucat score is a fail, because it drastically reduced my chances of 2024 medicine

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)