advice for extension students!!! (1 Viewer)

melster

HSC
hi guys, just thought i'd pass on some advice on how to handle the italian extension exam..... i accelerated it last year (i'm actually doing my HSC this year) and got top marks for it (phew!!! i was so over it!) On the paper you get a certain number of lines to write on (especially in the film analysis section) but I found that the space was never enough, and in the half-yearly (continuers exam) i lost marks particularly when i didn;t use up all the space. Furthermore, the model examples i've seen of students who topped the state all had this in common: they filled the whole page (and i mean margins and all!!) with writing. The more information you write, the bigger the chance of the examiners plucking out points from what you've written. And i don't mean blab on forever or go too far off track, but make sure that if u have a spare minute at the end of the exam don't waste it: add an extra sentence or two. (oh....they looove film techniques!!) Squeeze it in!!! And one more thing......whenever a question asks for example "Explain what Alex means when he says 'ero felice'", DON'T forget to simply translate the phrase before you go on explaining it! Usually just the translation done well guarantees you a mark. Ok folks, hope that's useful!!! ciao ciao e in bocca al lupo!!

mary^^

HSC
N/A
any advice for beginners in exams???

how bout any web links that are useful or particular italianTV shows... to watch ??

Jacks

HSC
watching the italian news is always good...though I'm not sure how much you will understand being at beginners level, there's no harm exposing yourself to it though...listening to the italian radio station is good for improving listening skills too...as far as TV shows go there are several you could try to get your hands on...just check regularly on SBS and see if any italian movies are showing...if you can get your hands on a movie like "Babe" in italian that would be good, the language in that isn't too advanced and it may help extend your vocab. You can read the italian newspaper and all of that kind of stuff though it may be hard for you to understand, there's always italian music if you want to start simple.

As far as studying for exams goes all the advice I can really give you is to study, learn the different verbs, know when to apply rules and that sort of stuff...in beginners I think it really comes down to how well you can learn and apply these sorts of things, it all comes with practice so do as much as you can and you should be fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)