Advanced Math or Standard (1 Viewer)

livsta

HSC
Hey, so for my subject selection I chose advanced maths, and I was just wondering if its a lot harder than standard. In essence of scaling, is it better to be in advanced to get scaled higher, or go in standard and get the highest marks?
pleasse let me know
thanks

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
The scaling is better in advanced maths, but the more important or crucial thing I would say is in terms of why you should at least do advanced maths if you can manage it is because if you don't do at least advanced maths it can potentially limit your career options. It is possible to learn the stuff later on but like I doubt most people would be able to do this by themselves because the people who have a decent ability in maths would have already chosen to do advanced and higher maths and people who are not as mathematically inclined would go towards standard. The reason it can limit career options is because engineering and science related subjects it is crucial you have a good understanding of maths because it only gets harder as you go to uni. Even some business/eco/finance things you need the maths as a pre requisite.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Certain Universities also have Advanced Mathematics as a prerequisite for degrees such as commerce. What are you planning to do in the future?

Accurate

clix
HSC
Forget scaling; choose Advanced. Your pathway options to University will be limited if you do Standard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)