• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Advanced English vs. Standard English (1 Viewer)

Daniel Lee

HSC
It's a personal, choice. But, people must seriously consider what they really want to do in the future and this is strongly recommended by school teachers. We may not know we're going sometimes, however it's a good idea to keep a broad range of pathways open, so that if you happen come to think of a career to pursuit then you can narrow your subjects and drop them and focus on one specific goal.

However, it's ultimately the students choice in the end.

So don't go around blaming people after you don't do well in subjects you're bad at, but yourself.

saberbladexx

HSC
It's a personal, choice. But, people must seriously consider what they really want to do in the future and this is strongly recommended by school teachers. We may not know we're going sometimes, however it's a good idea to keep a broad range of pathways open, so that if you happen come to think of a career to pursuit then you can narrow your subjects and drop them and focus on one specific goal.

However, it's ultimately the students choice in the end.

So don't go around blaming people after you don't do well in subjects you're bad at, but yourself.
Well said.

This goes for all subjects, for my SC result i got well below average for science-79% in my school but i chose all 3 sciences as love them, and it really does show in the senior years, i pay attention in class do the work and study moderately before the exams and am coming well above average and getting 1st in one of them.

If you have a passion for English you should really do advance, half of the guys in my school do it for the 'scaling'... how deluded.

J

Jigabeth

With your four questions thing I answered no to both questions 2 and 4 but I'm doing Advanced. This is because I go to a selective (Smith's Hill) high school. I'm attrocious at English but have been improving this year, along with the rest of my class who is in a similar situation to me. I'm glad I didn't have to choose between Standard and Advanced because I would have most likely chosen Standard, but I'm not actually doing that bad in Advanced. Also, I heard that it scales better... but I'm not sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)