advanced english area of study - change / changing identity (1 Viewer)

angel88

HSC
just wondering if anyone else is doing change / changing identity and what texts they are doing, also any related texts they have used in class or have found.
we studied bend it like beckham, and related texts have included the door, changes by david bowie, cats in the craddle, sky-high. any additions to related texts would be greatly appreciated!!:)

astro

HSC
Looking for alibrandi, great gastby, some leunig drawings.....can't think of any more at this moment

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
change is the area of study for prelim this year... so everyone should be doing it. We studied the door and sky-high as well. We didnt watch films or read novels on change but we studied poems like gwen harwoods 'in the park'

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Originally posted by _muse_
change is the area of study for prelim this year... so everyone should be doing it. We studied the door and sky-high as well. We didnt watch films or read novels on change but we studied poems like gwen harwoods 'in the park'

errrr no, there's no common preliminary course. there are certain requirements they have to fill but they can do that any damn way they want.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC

i'm pretty sure that everyone studied these poems. i'm sure i did. I did Looking for Alibrandi, Gwen Harwood's poem 'Barn Owl' and T.S. Elliot's: 'Prufrock'.

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
uh no. our prelim area of study for this year is challenges. it varies between schools

afta???

HSC
we did change too
everyone thought the texts in the stimulus booklet is boring
especially the door
n then we studied change in john foulcher's poems but other classes did other poets like dickinson

queenie

I know what ur thinkin...
HSC
paperstraw said:
The Catcher in the Rye, Sky High, leunig cartoons, flacco and heaps of others

thats exactly wat weve done.. wah, wat school are u at??

um, for prelim, theres a recomonded course outline, that some schools follow. For example, for ext english, T.S eliot is recomended.

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
^^ i say our school doesnt follow the reccomended blah blah blah. because w dont seem to do anything you guys are doing

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
i think our school's premlin students are doing agression, like the pervious.

Kulazzi

HSC
afta??? said:
we did change too
everyone thought the texts in the stimulus booklet is boring
especially the door
n then we studied change in john foulcher's poems but other classes did other poets like dickinson
heeeyyyyy, I did john foulcher too! My teacher thought he was hot :rolleyes: but he's a good poet. :)
I also did Maestro (which was a bit boring) and some other stuff that I missed in the beginning of the yr (while i was on hols)

kaylz

HSC
change

we have studied Catch-22, and the other classes did one flew over the cuckoo's nest and wrack

Child_of_Bodom

HSC
someone please help me find songs, poems, and pictures (or any other visual text) on changing perspective..............:headbang:

allira92

HSC
the turning is a collection of short stories and some of them are about changing perspective otherwise you could prob do the sonf conversations with my 13 y/o self by pink or sumthin lyk that

andybos

HSC
At my school we've done Looking for Alibrandi and Pleasantville... has anyone else done the movie, pleasantville??

btw....check out this sample essay on Looking for alibrandi - Changing perspectives: http://www.planetpapers.com/Assets/4542.php

GOOD LUCK!

Last edited:

never-mind

HSC
anybody got any techniques used in Looking for Alibrandi in relation to change or changing self ?? im having trouble

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)