'Advanced' Engineering Subjects (1 Viewer)

wplawless

HSC
N/A
Hola,

I'm currently enrolled in a Bachelor of Mechatronic Engineering/Bachelor of Commerce at USYD, starting in 2015. For a few engineering subjects (differential calculus, linear algebra and statistics) you can select 'advanced' or regular. It says the pre-requisite for the advanced subjects is four unit maths while the regular subjects is three unit. I got a 93 in 4 unit and a 98 in 3 unit during the 2014 HSC

I was just wondering whether or not these subjects are worth doing, how hard they are, which ones should I favour etc. My understanding of them is quite limited at the moment so I'd appreciate any advice.

Cheers.

kirstann

HSC
I have the same question as well, i think if you do the advanced engineering program, you'll have to do 6cp of advanced maths. But other than that, I am struggling to decide whether it's worth doing or not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
The advanced maths subjects are just harder versions of the normal versions (they delve deeper into the proofs of theorems). With your scores in 3u and 4u, you'll be fine if you choose to do the advanced subjects. Just keep in mind, the advanced engineering program and the advanced maths subjects are two different things, you can do one without doing the other. I chose to do the advanced math subjects because I wanted to be pushed, but you can do the normal maths subjects and take it easy if you want.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)