Advanced Courses? (1 Viewer)

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
Hi all,

I accepted a Bachelor of Arts @ WSU last month then changed my preferences to put the advanced/90 ATAR version of the course as my first pref a little bit later. Today I was lucky enough to be accepted! Even though my ATAR was like 79 lol woops.

Anyways it says I need to maintain a GPA of 5 and I was just wondering wtf that meant lol is that an average of distinctions or high distinctions orrrrr?

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
Hi all,

I accepted a Bachelor of Arts @ WSU last month then changed my preferences to put the advanced/90 ATAR version of the course as my first pref a little bit later. Today I was lucky enough to be accepted! Even though my ATAR was like 79 lol woops.

Anyways it says I need to maintain a GPA of 5 and I was just wondering wtf that meant lol is that an average of distinctions or high distinctions orrrrr?
It's equivalent to a Credit (weighted) average:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academic_grading_in_Australia#Grade_point_average

(Check the column there with "UWS" in it.)

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
Any luck with miss D this round? :)
Mhm, B Health Science (Theraptuic Recreation), but she's still set on Social Work aha!
Also, congrats!

Check out this program called The Academy. All advanced students are apart of this program, you'd really like it! X

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
Mhm, B Health Science (Theraptuic Recreation), but she's still set on Social Work aha!
Also, congrats!

Check out this program called The Academy. All advanced students are apart of this program, you'd really like it! X
Yeah I won that Most Outstanding Award in Yr 11 and it says I have guaranteed access to that anyways but I don't really get it lol

What's the go with it

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
What about if you didn't get 65+ in everything, but your average mark was above 65?
That scenario only applies to the WAM grading system, which is significantly different (and imo better!).

A credit, be it 65 or 74, equates to a 5. Multiply 5 with the number of subjects studied in a semester then divide that number by the number of subjects studied so far. If OP maintains 65 in all her subjects, it should give her a GPA of 5.

Hope I explained this well, lol.

Last edited:

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah I won that Most Outstanding Award in Yr 11 and it says I have guaranteed access to that anyways but I don't really get it lol

What's the go with it
It looks hella good on your resume if you participate in it. It's all about leadership, volunteering, professional and personal development; it's a bunch of really cool things. You get your own learning space, like a little library on campus, equiped with computers etc.

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
It looks hella good on your resume if you participate in it. It's all about leadership, volunteering, professional and personal development; it's a bunch of really cool things. You get your own learning space, like a little library on campus, equiped with computers etc.
Oh okay, cool! I'll be sure to check it out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)