Advance english band 4?? (1 Viewer)

timmeh041

HSC
A friend told me today that i you do advanced english you are guaranteed atleast a band 4 -mark of 70. Is what he saying true or is something amiss?

Thanks alot.

P

pLuvia

timmeh041 said:
A friend told me today that i you do advanced english you are guaranteed atleast a band 4 -mark of 70. Is what he saying true or is something amiss?

Thanks alot.
If that were the case people wouldn't even bother turning up to class hence what is the point of having exams/assessments totally defeats the purpose if you fail and you still get a band 4

gelina

HSC
Not guaranteed. But if you know the texts (but have not fully scrutinised it), have briefly read other people's notes, prepare for the exams a week or 4 days before it, then yes, you'll easily get band 4, as that's what I did and I got band 5

but then, I went to Sydney Girls.

HSC
timmeh041 said:

Thanks alot.
To answer your question: Negative you are not guaranteed a band 4.

HOWEVER there is an element of truth to it. IMO the chances of getting a band 4 are quite good to be honest. Take me, I was ranked about 115/140 (we get no choice we had to do advanced) and I ended up with a 73. I went to a selective school however, the number of students who would achieve a band 4 or more in advanced english would be less at other schools.

Your chances are good of getting a band 4, but seriously aim higher than that. It will bring down your UAI down muchly.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)