• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

ADV english trouble (1 Viewer)

Steven12

Lord Chubbington
HSC
Hi guys

yesterday was the last day, i got my assessments back

I got a Grade D for my collage(i did bad because I did not explain the image properly,but i still dont think i deserve a D)
a C+ for the speech on greed.(i thought i was gona get a b for it)
that really turned my stomach yesterday
couldnt sleep, with all my assessments in eng class, i am gettinn Most C to C+s.
I think the teacher doesnt like me, even if everyone else thought i did alrite.

I rank 15/23 in my ENG ADV class.
i got one more assessment to go , a listening task and then trials and then HSC

with this kind of result. i am REALLY REALLY scared.I am doing reasonable in my other Subjects CHEM PHY MATHs 2U 3U. BST

rank around 3rd-5th out of average 15-20 people per class
i got my eyes SET on the trials so i should be doing okay. but english i dont know.
devasted,its partly my fault but I am just really worried

even if i did good in HSC for ADV english. I'm looking at 60s for ENG ADV.
i am hoping to get a UAI around 85.
do i still have a chance?

Winston

HSC
dude don't worry if i can get a UAI u want, then ur definitely gonna get higher... lol.. since i did the shittest subs that can ever come to existence.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Its is still likely that you could get those marks if you do well in the rest

santaslayer

HSC
You said you were getting decent marks for all other subjects so keep pursuing them. As for English, all that matters is the rank so I wouldn't be soiling my pants as of yet. A solid performance in all your subjects in the HSC exam will improve your chances of getting your desired UAI. :)

TheKey

HSC
dont worry man, you shouldnt aim for so low in English ADV, even the worst students in our "way below average school" got above 60s after doing no work at all during the year. One of my friends who is very good in english but didnt read a single book, never prepeared for any assesment, was ranked around 50th/63 ended up with a amrk of 75ish as his HSC mark in eng adv. Your probably thinking the school lifted him up..well let me just say we had NO band6s at all for eng adv.

so just try ur hardest and even go and ask ur teacher for 'feedback' on why ur getting these marks, this will show him/her that you actually care about ur mark and this will be in the back of his/her mind when marking ur paper in the future. U should look into staying in top half of the people, so 11-12/23 should leave u at least 70+ in this subject, more like 80s if u can do well individually in that exam.

poodle

dont worry steve, seems like everyone is in that boat
i do all humanities subjects and im still getting in 60s for english, and my rank aint too bad....particularly if you go to a catholic school they mark eng exams harder than hsc...im praying that my hsc mark for eng will be a lot better too otherwise im screwed....

Steven12

Lord Chubbington
HSC
that puts things in perspective...

feeling better now. I got one more listening task and then the trials.

got my fingers crossed

kt

HSC
i'm in basically the same situation as you, going well in everything except english (which i HATE) and am really stressing about it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)