Adjustment Points Question (1 Viewer)

nick4nick6

HSC
Hi all,

I was told by my careers advisor that the number of adjustment points that I would receive regardless of eligibility would vary according to UAC preferences. Is this true?

For example, if I were to receive 5 points due to my ACU geographical scheme (postcode I live in), and 5 points accumulated across 2 band 5's in my HSC subjects (hypothetically). However, I was told that I may not receive all 10 points (even though I'm eligible) and the way that I can higher my chances of receiving the most adjustment points was if I were to put it as a higher preference.

Even though ACU only allows for a maximum of 12 adjustment points, is this still possible? Or have I been misinformed?

Thanks

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Other than the fact that your highest eligible UAC preference is considered first (i.e. it is prioritised on the basis that it constitutes your dream course), the number of adjustment factors to be applied to your selection is not influenced by the order of your UAC preferences. The number of adjustment factors that you are eligible for, in addition to the number of adjustment factors that can be applied in your case is dependent on the specific university, such as ACU. Essentially, if you meet the institution-specific criteria, you will have a particular number of adjustment factors allowed for that specific criterion (for example, 5 points in the case of ACU's Campus Program). A similar example would be having 5 points applied to your selection rank for performance in the band 5 region in a particular subject at WSU.

In sum, adjustment factors will be applied to your selection rank according to the specific number allowed by a particular university (in the case of ACU, up to 12 points) and whether you meet their specific criteria. The only (indirect) influence that UAC preferences present on this is whether you have placed the degree(s) for which you hope to have adjustment factors applied to your selection rank as your first preference, in which case it becomes about whether you actually meet the criteria because that first preference will definitely be considered. Lower preferences will only be considered if you are not made an offer for your highest preference.

I hope this helps! :D

nick4nick6

HSC
Other than the fact that your highest eligible UAC preference is considered first (i.e. it is prioritised on the basis that it constitutes your dream course), the number of adjustment factors to be applied to your selection is not influenced by the order of your UAC preferences. The number of adjustment factors that you are eligible for, in addition to the number of adjustment factors that can be applied in your case is dependent on the specific university, such as ACU. Essentially, if you meet the institution-specific criteria, you will have a particular number of adjustment factors allowed for that specific criterion (for example, 5 points in the case of ACU's Campus Program). A similar example would be having 5 points applied to your selection rank for performance in the band 5 region in a particular subject at WSU.

In sum, adjustment factors will be applied to your selection rank according to the specific number allowed by a particular university (in the case of ACU, up to 12 points) and whether you meet their specific criteria. The only (indirect) influence that UAC preferences present on this is whether you have placed the degree(s) for which you hope to have adjustment factors applied to your selection rank as your first preference, in which case it becomes about whether you actually meet the criteria because that first preference will definitely be considered. Lower preferences will only be considered if you are not made an offer for your highest preference.

I hope this helps! :D
Thank you JImmy, you're such a legend and I'm so grateful that I and so many others on the forum receive your help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)