Adfa (1 Viewer)

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
I was wondering if anyone went to ADFA? It sounds really cool and I want to get a BA through it while serving my country!!! (And get paid for it). Opinions anyone?

Persephone87

Parlez Francais!
HSC
It does sound attractive - getting paid to do uni, and have a guarranteed job too. My sis is planning on doing it, to be a pilot. Are you going for officers entry?

Farnarcle

I does sound appealing...

...you know, cept for that killing people part...

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Farnarcle said:
I does sound appealing...

...you know, cept for that killing people part...
Yeah...your really gonna do that while your still at uni :uhhuh:

hatty

Banned
Persephone87 said:
It does sound attractive - getting paid to do uni, and have a guarranteed job too. My sis is planning on doing it, to be a pilot. Are you going for officers entry?
well ADFA is only for officers

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
I want to end up as an Infantry Officer. But the part where you get paid to learn is what got me!!!

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I wouldn't be depending on ADFA entry though, because they can reject you for so many things its not funny.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
I wouldn't be depending on ADFA entry though, because they can reject you for so many things its not funny.
Like????????

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Know about your intended job?
Any family medical problems, eg Depression?

Anyway, do you:
Like early mornings?
Like physical exercise?

How would you feel if:
You shot someone?
Someone under your command died?
etc. etc.

Taz

ThankGodItsNotStill2003
Take it from someone who knows... i rang the defence force in july last year (half way thru yr 12) and it has taken me till july this year to actually get through the defence force testing to be accepted to adfa. Now i have put my uni applications in and i have to wait till january 10 to know if i have actually been accepted (altho i should be with a uai of 80 and b/science cut off is only 70, but u never know). So basically... if u dont really wanna go to adfa, dont bother coz u cant get in for this year anyway. You have to do your defence force testing first which takes you almost a year, 3 full days of interviews, written exams, fitness tests, medicals etc. If you arent extremely keen and willing to wait till next year and risk missing out on going to uni at all... then i suggest u go to uni sumwhere else and apply for the undergraduate scheme after you've done a year of your degree.

The best thing 4 u 2 do if u really are interested tho is check out the adf website http://www.defencejobs.gov.au/careers_explorer/ and/or call 13 19 01

Last edited:

Saspy

ADFA,
Now there is lots of potential on this topic, everything has a catch i guess the ADFA catch is that you'll have to work for them for stright 4years you cannot quit, you cannot back out.
It is really stricked when you do your trainnings and i know a few peoples has resigned from the Army, and trust me when you resign its really hard to get a new course or job.
Dont think the Army is about Hero making or make your self look cool,its NOT. It is all about a Challange, you are not only competing within Australia you are competing with the world..YES that means America..China..Russia.etc.....
Thats why when you trying to join the Army it really requires high standard of Mental and Physicall health.
And yes i will join the Army but not as an officer because i know my own limit i cant go and lead few mens/womens with me, thats a big reasponsibility.
Oh~ yeah remember that you can't have fun eg. driving your Skyline around all night or make out with your girl, instead all you do is train train and train.
So.... Think before you even think about joinning the Army, i'am not saying that you cant make it, but i'am saying that it is very hard work. :uhhuh:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)