Adfa (1 Viewer)

geniass

You have a ROSO(Return of Service Obligation) of however many years the course was plus one but u can expect to do between 7 to 9 years after u graduate. But if you think about that is pretty good because it means that u have a guarenteed job for at least that many years after u graduate, where as u might not be able to find a job straight away in the civilian fields.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by geniass
You have a ROSO(Return of Service Obligation) of however many years the course was plus one but u can expect to do between 7 to 9 years after u graduate. But if you think about that is pretty good because it means that u have a guarenteed job for at least that many years after u graduate, where as u might not be able to find a job straight away in the civilian fields.
hmm, 7 to 9 years is a bit too much...but yea, i was just thinking of studying without hex and graduate from adfa- serve the minimum years and get out of there ASAP, bfore a war errupts. :p

geniass

It seems to me that that is the opinion of a lot of people, get in do it and get out before a war...but i think that if you go in with that attitude then its probably not the right thing for you....you have to be prepared that a war might start....

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by geniass
It seems to me that that is the opinion of a lot of people, get in do it and get out before a war...but i think that if you go in with that attitude then its probably not the right thing for you....you have to be prepared that a war might start....
well i though everyone did that. :D

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
The whole idea of ADFA is to train officers, not people looking for a free ride through Uni ;)

BUT, if you reckon thats what you're gonna do, they'll kick your arse out in 2 seconds flat ;) You'd never get in with that kinda attitude, they interview extensivly on why you wish to join the ADF, why you picked your paticular service (Army, Navy, Air Force) and your job.. also, if you plan on going there next year, ya should start your application process now. It goes on forever..

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by White Rabbit
The whole idea of ADFA is to train officers, not people looking for a free ride through Uni ;)

BUT, if you reckon thats what you're gonna do, they'll kick your arse out in 2 seconds flat ;) You'd never get in with that kinda attitude, they interview extensivly on why you wish to join the ADF, why you picked your paticular service (Army, Navy, Air Force) and your job.. also, if you plan on going there next year, ya should start your application process now. It goes on forever..
trust me when i say that lots of ppl. try to get a free ride thru uni. after they do advertise and boast abt. how u get paid to study and shit....so yeah, what if a person just joined for that- without the intention of going to war and dieing for their country ? :p

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
then they're dickheads who shouldn't be there, and will prolly not make it passed basic.

Ya see, alot of people see the 'get paid to study' and not the 'you have to go through basic trainning, and are bound to the ADF for atleast 6 years' other side. ADFA isn't a 'free ride' it's hard work - and if you go in with a flipant attitude, you'll be picked on for the entire time you're there. It isn't a free ride, you do have to make sacrifices. But if you haven't got the intention of serving your country, then you'll never even make it thru assessments. It's ver rigorous the assessments they do, and it's used to weed out those not suitable for ADF. Like freeloaders.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by White Rabbit
then they're dickheads who shouldn't be there, and will prolly not make it passed basic.

.... It's ver rigorous the assessments they do, and it's used to weed out those not suitable for ADF. Like freeloaders.
practiacally speaking it is impossible to root out all the free loaders u know- some ppl. can easily pretend and stuff. :p

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Yeah, I know it's impossible, but I'm sure a fair few get thrown out there. But seriously, you shouldn't go if you have no intention of ever making a career in ADFs.

But you background (what you participate in, what you've done in your past ect) can often show whether you are serious or not, so

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)