additional texts for P Mod. (1 Viewer)

flosh's gurl

i really need help with finding extra texts for post modernism. our teacher is pushing for us to use pleasantville but i want some others as well. any ideas???

ghostrider

there are heaps

there are so many bloody poMO related materials outthere. u could always choose the easy way and look for any thing by the postmodern doyens.ie Foucault. Personally im doing BeingJohnMalkovich, High Fidelity, and an SA on poMo. there are heaps of movieswhatever u do dont use SHREK-everyone does. That new Disney movie Lilo and Stich i think it is called looks bloddy PoMo

meegs

I wouldn't use pleasantville. It's too done. People all over the state will use it and the markers will get sick of it. Not to mention that half the state will use it for changing perspectives as well. I know it's hard to find them, our whole grade nearly had a heart attack when we heard that there was yet another topic to find related texts about. Try Monty Python stuff, it's hilarious as well as postmodern. There are some postmodern songs as well, like some David Bowie stuff and Blondie's "Rapture". There's also a book by Umberto Eco called "Travels in Hyper Reality" that my friend says is good and really postmodern. Anyway, hope I could be of some help!

Chris_U

I'm using Magnolia and/or Pulp Fiction. My friend used Run Lola Run and there is also a text called "If On A Winters Night A Traveller", anymore suggestions?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)