Additional Texts for Frontline (1 Viewer)

veg

Hi guys, what are you additional texts for telling the truth?

teacher told us that we need to write about them in the HSC.

Anyone got additional texts?

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
In my Trial, I used the works of Michel Foucault and Edward Said in discussing 'Telling The Truth'. Went pretty well actually, linking Foucault's concept of truth as inherently related to power ('it is impossible for knowledge not to engender power"), and then examining the theory's historical application (Relevancy to 'real' events...) in discussing 'Orientalism' and 'Culture & Imperialism'.

Also provides an easy segueway into current political events, as well as relating well with the notion of power relations in Frontline, seen most notably in 'Smaller Fish To Fry', with Bryan being shown as under control from the 'higher ups' as well, thus modifying and constraining the truth.

Is anyone else doing anything similar?

Apparently Bowling For Columbine is quite the hip text to use. :p

Last edited:

veg

oh wow, that's excellent. thank you fo much for those tips. i didn't know where to start and what to use! i already had tonnes of trouble finding my additional texts for change!

leon trotsky

HSC
our teachers showed this text to us in school last week because they done this last year
i wanna do frontline and maybe a foucault text which one would be good gregor samsa?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)