Adding units (1 Viewer)

CrashOveride

HSC
So i thought i read on some MQ site that you can do this for the first 2 weeks on eStudent, and after this period you can go see someone at uni (SES or something). But today I was reading: http://www.mq.edu.au/senate/change.htm
MQ University said:
"Timeframe for Adding Units
Academic Senate has determined the timeframe for adding units (resolution 05/349):

*A candidate who wishes to add an internal unit may do so only in the first two weeks of the study period.
*A candidate who wishes to add an external unit may do so only in the first week of the study period.
*No approval is required to add a unit within these time periods. There is an exception from this rule for candidates in their first semester of study. They require approval of the Dean of Division in which the unit is offered."
So it states that internal units can ONLY be done in the 1st 2 weeks. However, it says no approval is required for those periods so that I hope, with approval, i can add units now. If i could go talk to someone (who?) , could it be possible to negotiate adding units NOW (I am up to the task of starting them this late.) I imagine the aforementioned time limits exist because of admin reasons and what not.

Cheers.

Last edited:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Yes you should be able to add up to census date.
As for who to ask, I think you should try the head of your subject and see what they say.

CrashOveride

HSC
iambored said:
Yes you should be able to add up to census date.
As for who to ask, I think you should try the head of your subject and see what they say.
I went to see SES (some random admin person) and they confirmed that the last day was Aug 11th (as stated on the MQ Registry page). I suppose it's pointless to go talk to the Dean or something? (I suppose he could always interject).

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
If you really want to add go and talk to the Dean person. I have been told more than once that students are allowed to add until census date. Whether this is possible without much drama is another story, I have never tried it myself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)