Adapting To Year 12 (1 Viewer)

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Hello Everyone.
Woah! Year 12 has started.

Extension courses and new classes haven't been arranged yet! I was told that they'll start Monday week 4. This is very annoying.

My first lot of exams will be in week 9/10.
Anywayz.

Few questions here and i want your comments and opinions.
*How are you coping with year 12 so far? Has the dust from year 11 settled?

*How's studying and organisation of time?
(Don't ask me about it, but im sure it'll come to me soon)
So far i've bought 2 mx1 books. I'm revising all the year 11 stuff and getting an intro to new stuff. That's the only good thing i've done.

*How do you see yourself this time next year?
For me?? What a joke.
anxious sleepless nights, early morning studying at 5am, past exam papers everyday, trying to cool myself down and trying my best not to cram.
369 days to go...(i think)

P

pLuvia

Coping quite well, keeping ahead with my studies, revising consistently

I don't have a set study timetable, I usually do what is needed. I.e. every science lesson if I learn something new I revise it straight away or the day later, do maths homework etc

Well, probably be studying and not be on BoS, or maybe for a bit lol. Yep early mornings, call people for advice, past papers, LOTS. But hoping not to have to cram lol :):p
Yep I guess we all have 369days left (couldn't be bothered to check the calculations :p)

Guernica

HSC
Yeah, I've actually been thoroughly enjoying school this week.

I also don't have a timetable, but I understand everything so far.. And I've been doing my homework (for the first time ever... w00t)

That scares me. Shhhh

Bookie

Banned
HSC
1 - I'm likin Year 12. Theres a relaxed attitude, and I reckon thats whats needed

2 - i'm tryin my best, but since we havent got the whole syllabi and textbooks and stuff, theres not much to study just yet

3 - not studying early mornings. past papers for sure. just holed up for the holidays. one last strecth of studying.

klaw

HSC
Guernica said:
Yeah, I've actually been thoroughly enjoying school this week.

I also don't have a timetable, but I understand everything so far.. And I've been doing my homework (for the first time ever... w00t)

That scares me. Shhhh
wow that's exactly what I think except for the last Q. I'm confident that I'd do better next year than this year coz I'm more motivated (maybe a bit overconfident even)

Dimsimmer

Random User
HSC
Im coping with year 12 all right, not getting stressed out at the moment
Ive studied a bit, think i need to do more
Next year, i would probably have problems trying to relax myself.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Murf said:
i must say the most important part to remember is that all of these term 4 assesments, will make an impact upon your overall marks, i remember i stuffed up one of my assignments in term4, cauz i was still in year 11 mode, and consequently i spent every other assesment striving for high 90's to correct my rank, and yeah - one of the down sides of not starting a new year imho.

murf
i guess you're telling us to start now rather than the new year...
thanks
good luck...

hipPo3

HSC
remember future yr 12ers .. write down as much as term 4 notes as possible.. ull prolly forget all the information next year term 1, so its good to be rdy

if u write down all the notes in each term for each subject, ull memorzie everything and pwn ur way to the HSC

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Welll...
This time LAST YEAR: i remember this time as if it was yesterday; the sc was on my mind, my trials had finnished, and between the trials and sc it was pretty quiet...

This time NEXT YEAR: VERY LAST minute studying-i've read some of the posts in the hsc section...; planning out timing for english as well as past hsc english papers; racing heart...

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC

umm.. bludgin as usual, being a workaholic as usual,, sleep late, late for monring classes.. but overall enjoy the "hell, yr12 is tmr" mode. =DDD

...er come again?.. Oo.. hahahaha dad bought a whiteboard for me, i have started buying few books, arranged a tutor, but havent been using any of them

..the same *hell... hsc is tmr* mode.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
I copied and pasted this and posted it in 5 HSC-stress threads to give the 05ers some motivation.
----------------------------------------------
Guys. Good luck year 12 of 2005.
Sleep well.
Wake up refreshed.
Close your eyes. Take 5 deep breaths and keep cool.
Don't do an exam with an empty stomach, dry mouth or weak bladder.
Don't eat junk food.
During the exam, stop every 30 mins and take 10 seconds to stretch and roll your neck and cool yourself down.
Avoid caffiene, they CAUSE stress.
Less studying before exams, they make you nervous.

After the exam, just incinerate your notes and that'll make you smile.

Good luck. Hopefully in 13 hours time, you'll be smiling

The HSC is the beginning.....

(From Some dude, Year 12, Class of 2006)
--------------------------------------------------

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I've just started yr 12 and i've set myself a goal of UAI 90+ but in yr 11 i was lazy and didnt study as much as i should have for exams but somehow still managed to get marks ranging from 70-93% in exams and assessments. For the last week, i have been really making an effort to pay full attention in class and be slightly ahead with making comprehensive notes, so i dont get lost in class and understand the new stuff better. I have also been revising every night with what i have learnt so far (at the moment its not much because its only been 5 days of yr 12 lol). I was thinking if i keep this up for another 52 weeks or so, i could achieve what i thought was very hard to achieve. I dunno why, but all this work would have been hell in year 11, this term i suddenly feel inspired to work and study. I actually enjoyed this week too which is a bonus.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
hmm, seriously i realli onli have motivation to do work in modern history, business and english, besides that i find it hard to concentrate on the others esp SOR2 for the teacher is so fckn crap and doesnt realli care about us. besides that i have adapted to yr12 alright, been bit lazy after my prelims but ill get bak into studyin agen soons i hope ><. good luk to future yr12 of o6 hehe !

Riviet

HSC
N/A
...... bump!
I'm surprised that not many people are posting in this thread, it's a pretty important topic at this time of the hsc year.

P

pLuvia

hehe, the stress has already got to me lol, this is random but Riviet are you asian? chinese?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
1 - coping pretty well...am more motivated to work now.

2 - i dont have a timetable because they dont work for me, at the moment im just doing my homework, revising every few days, reading ahead a bit in maths and bio to get my head around the work before we do it.

3 - next year? probably (but hopefully not) wishing i'd worked harder... plus you know, the usual allnighters, cramming, past papers by the ton, practice essays, all the stuff im not doing now :eek:

xx__savannah

HSC
This term hasnt been that bad. I haven't been doing much work cos I had Chem HSC to worry about, but now I know that I can keep my head well above water this time next year. Now I know how important it is to do my assignments early.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)