actus reus (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantabulous

HSC
Re: Anyone want to form a study group?

smackattack said:
can't you guys see he is stirring you up?

geez
I'm not trying to stir anyone up. My intentions are pure, despite what you may think. I'm just trying to make them see that if my sister, who is doing law at uni, supports my opinion, I think she's more likely to be right them a bunch of 08ers.

Muz4PM

HSC

fantabulous said:
I'm not trying to stir anyone up. My intentions are pure, despite what you may think. I'm just trying to make them see that if my sister, who is doing law at uni, supports my opinion, I think she's more likely to be right them a bunch of 08ers.
We are 08'ers with credible textbooks and website acknowledgements, even if it is wikipedia. I am not sure all of these sources can be incorrect.

Faytle

open fire.
HSC

fantabulous said:
And my sister, who is also doing law at uni, opposes your opinion :eek:.

fantabulous

HSC

Muz4PM said:
We are 08'ers with credible textbooks and website acknowledgements, even if it is wikipedia. I am not sure all of these sources can be incorrect.
Well if all your references really support your opinion thre is even bigger problems.

*sigh*

Look, the way I learnt it, and my sister, was taht actus reus is the psychological mindset of the criminal, whereas mens rea is whether there is a act that breaks the law.

Zephyrio

HSC

Wow, this thread rocks. Too bad our posts are going to be deleted soon. My endorphins are russsshing!

EDIT: My brother does law too. Actually, no, he's finished law, just this year, and might be getting a university medal also. This is what he said through MSN:

ar [Actus reus] is the physical act of committing a crime, mr [mens rea] is the mental act of committing a crime, you need both elements to commit a crime, e.g i need to have thought and behaved as such to murder...

Last edited:

Muz4PM

HSC

fantabulous said:
Well if all your references really support your opinion thre is even bigger problems.
Lol, you have to be having us on.

How is your sister doing at uni? Is she passing?

fantabulous

HSC

Muz4PM said:
Lol, you have to be having us on.

How is your sister doing at uni? Is she passing?
Yes, she is doing well.

And I am really not joking. I am utterly serious. I have the support of my sister, and her professers, which are more educated in the way the law function than you.

Zephyrio

HSC

fantabulous said:

*sigh*

Look, the way I learnt it, and my sister, was taht actus reus is the psychological mindset of the criminal, whereas mens rea is whether there is a act that breaks the law.
Why are you arguing then? Aren't you correct? Someone correct me on saying that he's correct. Is he correct? Isn't he?

ccc123

HSC

Zephyrio said:
Why are you arguing then? Aren't you correct? Someone correct me on saying that he's correct. Is he correct? Isn't he?
No, he's still incorrect, but is deluded into believing he's correct because his sister (who's doing law at uni (!!!!) says so.

Muz4PM

HSC

fantabulous said:
Yes, she is doing well.

And I am really not joking. I am utterly serious. I have the support of my sister, and her professers, which are more educated in the way the law function than you.
I'm not legal genius, I don't pretend to be, but I am sure that those people who write definitions for textbooks and for law sites have amassed a vast amount of legal knowledge and would not get something as rudimentary as this incorrect. The laws of averages dictates that this many people cannot be wrong. Although, if you believe they are, I implore you to write a legal essay refuting their opinions.

ccc123

HSC

Muz4PM said:
I'm not legal genius, I don't pretend to be, but I am sure that those people who write definitions for textbooks and for law sites have amassed a vast amount of legal knowledge and would not get something as rudimentary as this incorrect. The laws of averages dictates that this many people cannot be wrong. Although, if you believe they are, I implore you to write a legal essay refuting their opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)