• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Actuarial Study or Fin/Accounting double Degree? (1 Viewer)

i2ndadam

HSC
Hi~ I have read through a few threads in this forum and didnt find what i was looking for. So here is my question.

I am considering applying for a Actuarial Studies or Fin/Account double degree in Macq uni. Which one do you recommend? fininshing the degree, i want to work in IB or Insurance companies.

My friend told me that, in salary wise, actuarial study grats receive less than what they have striven for. Is this true? I hear ACST grats get like 45K in average. Thats pretty much the same with just accounting degree grats receiving...

Also If you want to work in IB, is it better to study finance/accounting double degree or finance/economics double degree????

hello2004

A few things:

1. BCom (Actuarial Studies) and BCom (Accounting)/BAppFin are two completely different degrees. What is your motivation for doing ACST?

2. You can do Actuarial Studies+Accounting or Actuarial Studies+Finance

i2ndadam said:
My friend told me that, in salary wise, actuarial study grats receive less than what they have striven for. Is this true? I hear ACST grats get like 45K in average.
Your friend is wrong. Actuarial grad jobs get minimum 60K. Consulting will get you 70K+

The average is a lot higher than 45K.

BUT ... don't do the course for the money.

4. Actuarial Studies is great for those who finish the course. Unfortunately, only about half end up doing so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)