Actuarial Studies (1 Viewer)

MinaDoan

HSC
Hey guys,
I am having some problems with the course Actuarial Studies.
Actually i am in yr 10 and aiming to do that course at Uni. However, my subject selection are:
_ Maths Ext 1 (will be 2)
_ ESL
I am really afraid that ESL is not enough for me to do Actuarial Studies. Please give me some advices :cold:

random-1006

Banned
HSC
Hey guys,
Actually i am in yr 10 and aiming to do that course at Uni. However, my subject selection are:
_ ESL
I am really afraid that ESL is not enough for me to do Actuarial Studies. Please give me some advices :cold:
shouldnt make that much of a difference, actuarial is just numbers, lots of numbers :p

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys,
_ ESL
The absolute minimum for actuarial studies is extension 1 maths, so don't drop down to 2U
and even with that, you should even aim for the top band, as the mathematics within actuarial studies are one of the most difficult available to universities...
And it's most recommended that you take 4U...

that course will be a trek; difficult and i heard that a very few people actually graduate.

But as for ESL, no problem as of now..

I'm also aiming for Actuarial Studies. Hi-5
Same here
Hi-5 to you as well =D
what uni are you intending to do actuarial studies?

HSC
Uni Grad
What about you?
I'm probably intending to go to UNSW to do actuarial, since I can also do double degree -> B commerce in Actuarial studies/B Science (Advanced Mathematics, with a major in political science or international relations as well) :p

the cut off is lower and i can still make it with bonus points xD

MinaDoan

HSC
YAY! So i got 2 peers with me!!!!!!! =]]

but...is it next year you guys will finish HSC ?!?!? TT

Btw, I want to do Actuarial Studies in UNSW in a combined bach. (Bach of Engineering + Commerce).
however, UNSW asks for ADVANCED english TT so Macquarie Uni is the next option (cry)

hscishard

HSC
I'm probably intending to go to UNSW to do actuarial, since I can also do double degree -> B commerce in Actuarial studies/B Science (Advanced Mathematics, with a major in political science or international relations as well) :p

the cut off is lower and i can still make it with bonus points xD
What can a science degree do? I'm really behind in this stuff.

I'm aiming for B Engineering/ B Commerce. Lol. I still can't believe there is such a combined degree, I was stuck on choosing engineering and something with money.

kcqn93

HSC
you gotta love maths THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT much to do actuarial studies LOL

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
YAY! So i got 2 peers with me!!!!!!! =]]

but...is it next year you guys will finish HSC ?!?!? TT

Btw, I want to do Actuarial Studies in UNSW in a combined bach. (Bach of Engineering + Commerce).
however, UNSW asks for ADVANCED english TT so Macquarie Uni is the next option (cry)
Yeah we'll finish our HSC next year. Good luck with your future studies.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
What can a science degree do? I'm really behind in this stuff.

I'm aiming for B Engineering/ B Commerce. Lol. I still can't believe there is such a combined degree, I was stuck on choosing engineering and something with money.
At which uni?

proringz

HSC
USyd, last year's cut off was 99.15.
USyd don't, and never have offered actuarial studies.

In response to the OP, I am a 2nd year actuarial/science student and I believe that doing ESL is adequate to undertake the program at either MQ or UNSW. There are a lot of international studies whose first language is not english and they seem to cope fine.

MinaDoan

HSC
ANU = Yes
USyd = No
UNSW = a PART of the big degree names Commerce
MacUni = Super Yes

I really want to do Engineering in UNSW 'cause there are a lot of projects there. BUT their actuarial course recommends Advanced English !!! Shame, they just lost a talent mathematician =>>> me (sr if i polish things too much)

MinaDoan

HSC
ANU = Yes
USyd = No
UNSW = a PART of the big degree names Commerce
MacUni = Super Yes

I really want to do Engineering in UNSW 'cause there are a lot of projects there. BUT their actuarial course recommends Advanced English !!! Shame, they just lost a talent mathematician =>>> me (sr if i polish things too much)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)