Actuarial Part II before Part I (1 Viewer)

schmeichung

HSC
I have heard that you don't have to get all the exemptions from Part I before doing Part II, which means you can have done Part II first, and finish Part I.
But the person who told me was from Macquarie, and she did Master of Actuaries there, and now she got exempted Part II but not all Part I.

I wondered if this is the case in UNSW too?

Affinity

HSC
04er....You know the best place to ask this question is the office behind bindya's :p
lots of discretion in these things. What's preventing you from finishing part 1 though?

Last edited:

schmeichung

HSC
For sure I might have missed or fear of missing some of exemptions in the future :(

Affinity

HSC
Well.. if you don't get an exemptions because of marks then it's pretty difficult to get them to let you do part 2 before part 1. If you're not getting them because of degree/major requirements / the like then there's a chance

hello2004

At Macquarie you can get exempted from Part II without getting all of your Part I exemptions. This is only due to the prerequisite structure of the course.

However, there is a difference between getting exempted and actually receiving official accreditation. The Institute would never award someone Associate status unless they'd been completely exempted from Part I.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)