Acting Your Age (1 Viewer)

sthcross.dude

HSC
transcendent said:
Is there a general age where you have to start... you know... being mature and acting like a... ugh... an adult? :(
Yes at 23 and 7 months.

What a stupid question obviously as you get older you gradually progress towards being more "adult."

melmelzz

HSC
acting your age? you dont have to, when push comes to shove it is often better if you act mature. For example when you apply for a job, there is absolutely no way any 1 is going to accept you into the workforce if you act like a 13 year old when really you are 20 years old =]

But as you get older you have a more understanding of how you should act, & when you grow older you want to try and stay young =]
Some older people aren't always as mature as they look =P

i hope that made sense >< ahaha

Last edited:

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Pffft, I always assumed that I would have it all sorted by 25. And that I would own a house. I turn 20 next month, I just moved back in with my parents after a disastrous year out of home and I still have no sense of responsibility or committment to anything. That could all change, maybe I'll be that person I wanted to be at 25, but somehow I don't see it happening. Hell, in my life plan, I'd be halfway through my degree by now. I just dropped out. I always just assumed things would happen and never considered the idea of having to work for them cos I've been lucky enough to have things given to me or have them fall into my lap.

Anyway - I don't know when I'm going to act my age, but I kind of hope it's soon.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Yeah. But it's not what I expected of myself. I certainly didn't expect that I'd drop out of uni, especially considering it was my 'life long dream' to do Law and I fell into it by mistake.

I dunno, I feel like I ought to have achieved something in the time since I left school, and I've achieved nothing. I finally learn to reverse park haha

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC
I think there's a difference between being mature and being grown up.

You can be mature and still have fun. Being grown up however, implies that you're stuffy and boring.

AnotherAznGuy

HSC
N/A
i think it all depends on the environment in which you live in.. I mean , if you come from a single parented family and your parent is busy with work and stuffs, you really have to do alot of things yourself and solve your own problems. So yeh

pattii

condom endorser
HSC
no there isnt a certain age, read "readers digest" the newest one i cant remember the name but she answers this Q for you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)