ACT students ATAR (1 Viewer)

canberra_guy

HSC
this would most likely to known by ACT students, but if anybody could share some useful information it would be really great. my aim ATAR/UAI is 80.
my best scores are in 3 majors and 1 minor, that's what my UAI/ATAR will be recorded from. can anybody who might have experience with this or just know somehow, what kind of numbers my best course should be. should i be getting 70s or 80 or what, are 60s even allowed. my mind keeps confusing course scores as an average to determine my UAI not a rank. what kind of best course scores did you get that managed to get you over 80? or could you just tell me your best course scores and what ATAR/UAI you got, just to give me an idea of what i should be achieving. any information would be helpful thanks. this stuff has been on my mind for days now, i got 10 weeks holidays till year 12 i can't get out of it my head until i know something about what i have to do next year.

Last edited:

sstr

HSC
There are no hard rules - just do as best as you can.

Back when I was at Narrabundah College one of my teachers said that a useful general guideline was to just add 10, so if you are averaging 70+ in your course scores then you are on the right track. That turned out to be about right, in my case. But obviously this is only a guideline and WILL VARY FROM COLLEGE TO COLLEGE (e.g. I know Canberra College students during the same year as me who got fantastic scores during the year and all of them got scaled down while Narrabundah got scaled up).

Just work hard and aim for a minimum of 70 in your scores, in my opinion. Once you're in the second half of year 12 you can ask one of your advisors for a UAI estimate based on your current scores.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)