acst/app fin "Recommended Program" (1 Viewer)

jake2.0

. . .
HSC
Hey guys, in the recommended program for acst/app fin it is suggested that we do either an isys or comp unit in the first semester of second year. I was wondering if this was to meet a pre-requiste for a later unit? Because i remember sometime last year that one of the acst units required a comp unit but now it seems that has been removed, so do we really need to do a comp/isys unit?

hello2004

ACST305 used to require COMP115 but that's no more. I don't think you need to do a comp unit, but you should check the degree requirements in the handbook to be sure.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
^^ That's true, but you might still have to do one comp unit (if you're lucky enough they might let you do isys123) to satisfy the award of BCom (Actuarial)/BAppFin, since essentially all commerce and applied finance students at macquarie do at least one comp subject.

Call Westcott, he knows everything and you're guaranteed an answer from him.

jake2.0

. . .
HSC
robbo_145 said:
yeah I'm in the same boat jake. I'm gonna do COMP115 tho, ISYS will bore me I think. Also means i have 2ish days a week :D
Yea i guess i'll do comp115 too. How did you get 2ish days for your timetable? I can only make one with all 5days. Could you possibly PM me your timetable or something?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)