Acfi3140 (1 Viewer)

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
I'm a bit confused on the terms 'euro' and 'eurocurrency'....

from what I can gather, euro refers to a currency that is comprised of the countries Austria, Germany, France, etc. giving up their own currency to form the 'Euro'..

Eurocurrency has no relation to the euro... it's just a currency that's traded in another country other than what it was created in? And it may or may not be an European country...

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
apparently it means a currency thats is not ones native, a currency external to your country
i.e. the japanese yen is eurocurrency to us australians
Eurocurrency

and the euro is the value of the currency traded by the countries in the european union

celcast

HSC
i'd help but i fell asleep about 15 minutes into it.

Good to see easton's teaching ability has improved heaps.

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
haha, yeah.. I'm with you on that.

there was quite a few 2080 lectures (read: all of them) I fell asleep in when I did it last year.. ended up not going and failed, so I'm redoing.

Although, we got out early on Monday and I didn't fall asleep! :eek:

Easton is such an academic at heart, he loves his bullshit theory.. that's all that matters, regardless of whether it's relevant to the real world or not. I loved his explanation of a put option, I bet everyone who didn't know what one is was like wtf...

Last edited:

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Haha, Cyph, why are you doing their year subjects when you haven't done all your first or second year subjects:p?

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
A lot of the ones I failed are assumed knowledge for other courses.. such as ACFI2070, 1020, 2010 etc. and not all of them are running this semester since they're usually first semester subjects... rather than try to tackle something which has assumed knowledge (did that with acfi2080 without having done 2070 and it made it way harder than what it should have been), I'm going to wait until next semester to do those subjects. Atm I'm trying to do subjects which don't have assumed knowledge I don't have, or subjects I think I can pass :p

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
When I was in Europe they were still thinking about the European Union and all having the one currency etc... It was so annoying, when we got to a new country, we couldn't buy anything until we got to the bank!

celcast

HSC
Cyph did you do 3140 last year?

I have a friend who failed and is doing it again, he said the lecturer (Joe Winson i think he's name is) failed 50% of the class. Dunno if it was true or not, the class didnt seem that big.

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
Nope, but I did 2240 which Joe Winsen also took.... I don't think too many people fared well in that subject since i had the equal second top mark in the mid-sem quiz without going all year..

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
Do we have to do any questions for homework or tute preperation??

celcast

HSC
Not sure but im pretty sure there is no tutorial work or tutorial next week, i think they start week 3.

The tutorials arent compulsory to go to you dont get a tutorial mark for them.

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
celcast said:
Not sure but im pretty sure there is no tutorial work or tutorial next week, i think they start week 3.

The tutorials arent compulsory to go to you dont get a tutorial mark for them.
and i bet they finish in week 12 as well don't they?

fuck! and they rekon arts students are bludgers!

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
Cyph said:
I'm a bit confused on the terms 'euro' and 'eurocurrency'....

from what I can gather, euro refers to a currency that is comprised of the countries Austria, Germany, France, etc. giving up their own currency to form the 'Euro'..

Eurocurrency has no relation to the euro... it's just a currency that's traded in another country other than what it was created in? And it may or may not be an European country...
Yeah, it refers to a transaction that is denominated in a foreign currency. I think the original term was concocted in Europe somewhere to describe transactions denominated in US dollars.

China has indicated that it may float the yuan...oh no! It will lose its trade advantage!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)