august payments
31 december closing balance
direct material purchased in 2006

willing to trade.

:)

kow_dude

HSC
Oh geez i haven't even started.

I've read from blackboard discussion that Brogan has already finished it. My goodness.

jpr333

HSC
Ok why is my Direct material purchased in 2006 ($'s) off by about 600$ ><

jpr333

HSC
Dont worry, figured it out, jan 2007 forecasts had to be recalculated.

Check out the Variable Cost of Goods Sold for November 2006 equation (my own it wont work for you OK?):
=D!H16*D!J16+D!K16+E!D15+E!E15-D!F16*D!J16+'C'!E16*Data!Q26-Data!Q26*'C'!D16

Gazooks, ok now to do the cash budgets.

Didn't have to create the above budget from scratch, ah well no matter...

Last edited:

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
got a question

do you have to make all the equations on your executive summary sheet based on the data sheet, or can you use the equations you get from A-K sheets also?

jpr333

HSC
No you can merely reference sheets A-K since its only the data sheet that will change.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
But still, everything has to be based originally from the data sheet then? Like my problem is the fact that instead of using data!xx ive in some places just put the numerical figure because otherwise it screws up the data calculations. Its hard to explain, but like, if you want a constant say 12.5% of revenue to apply to all months, if you were to put the datasheet coordinate into the formula say L42, then when you extend that formula down through the twelve months, it becomes L43 for feb, L44 for mar, L45 for april etc. where i just need it to stay constant at L42 for the equation to work? Do you get me?

Also, whats the deal with this? I cant see where im off.

jpr333

HSC
Yeh dude you gotta lock the cell references to the data sheet, you CANNOT have numeric values for any of your calcs, this will render errors. To do this click in the cell reference in the formula so put your cursor on the actual cell reference to the data sheet (within) and hit the f4 key, this will put dollar signs around the reference locking it when dragged. Hit f4 only once, if you hit it again it will only lock the column no only, and hit it again then only the row number (not both). So in summary hitting f4 once within the reference it self will put the dollar signs around it necessary to locking the reference (both column and row). Muck around with some practice numbers and you'll understand how it works.

jpr333

HSC
Your cash receipts and cash payments are off. Double check your figures and calcls.

jpr333

HSC
Omg has my lengthy post vanished?!

Just in case for posterity:
Yeh dude you gotta lock the cell references to the data sheet, you CANNOT have numeric values for any of your calcs, this will render errors. To do this click in the cell reference in the formula so put your cursor on the actual cell reference to the data sheet (within) and hit the f4 key, this will put dollar signs around the reference locking it when dragged. Hit f4 only once, if you hit it again it will only lock the column no only, and hit it again then only the row number (not both). So in summary hitting f4 once within the reference it self will put the dollar signs around it necessary to locking the reference (both column and row). Muck around with some practice numbers and you'll understand how it works.

jpr333

HSC
Wow there is seriously something strange going on with the way Opera handles this site and its cookies. Sometimes it just wont refresh, sometimes posts dissapear, grr.

jpr333

HSC
Fin A research projects can be collected now~~~ btw.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
brogan77 said:
Oi Abs, just calculate the cash payments for August and cash receipts for March (since ya know the end figures you need for both) and just copy that formula for the rest of the cells, cept like Jan and Dec cos they might have different stuff u have to factor in.
yeah my cash reciepts are fine but payments are off
i have no idea why

jpr333

HSC
You realise you only pay 70% of that month's purchases, +last months unpaid purchases, + variable monthly o/h, plus monthly sellign and admin, + monthly DL cost.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)