Acct 1001 Mid-semester Exam (1 Viewer)

Hey, has anyone started studying. I'm freaking out because my tutor told me that it is relatively difficult.

fush

HSC
geez my tutor hasnt said anything about it yet.....

it cant be that hard.....

multiple choice will be tricky, short answer questions wont be too hard (i reckon just defining stuff like accrued accounting... maybe a few real case scenario questions)

then the big question is just puttin stuff into journals ledgers, doin adjustments and finally the financial statements from a list of transactions i assume

if u know ur stuff u should be fine

sarevok

HSC
if the multiple choice is anything like the quiz questions then they won't be so bad

aditya

HSC
nah i heard its hard, and u need indeptgh knowledge of accounting for it, i woudlnt take it so lightly, but yeh accounting isnt a difficult subject the degree of knowledge required isnt that much and the problem solving isnt that steep so really if u work through everyhitng should get 70+... that being said, i dunt think that is as easy it might sound... so yeh labelling headings etc doing those nubmers all that little stuff... also the sac requirements other financial regulators/regulations.

thats about all i can think of...

kow_dude

HSC
I've been told that 45% people fail in mid-semester.

sarevok

HSC
but don't you fail the course if you fail the mid-sem? shite =\

scut

The Journeyman
HSC
kow_dude said:
I've been told that 45% people fail in mid-semester.
Thats not quite true, the figure is more like 20%.
And the midsemester is not designed to kill you, if you study and do your tutorial work, you'll be fine in the exam.

04er

HSC
If I fail this exam I'm not attending any more ACCT 1001 classes this semester. :uhhuh: (my positive light on a bad situation) I seriously don't understand why they require us to pass (or get satisfactory for) every single component of the course in order to pass the whole thing. Why take away the chance to bludge all semester then cram just before the final exam? :(

scut

The Journeyman
HSC
04er said:
If I fail this exam I'm not attending any more ACCT 1001 classes this semester. :uhhuh: (my positive light on a bad situation) I seriously don't understand why they require us to pass (or get satisfactory for) every single component of the course in order to pass the whole thing. Why take away the chance to bludge all semester then cram just before the final exam? :(
Well they require satisfactory performance, so you can actually fail the exam (midsemester) but still have performed satisfactory ( So a fail does not automatically equal unsatisfactory). It's up to the course co-ordinator to determine what is deemed 'satisfactory' and 'unsatisfactory', and this will be based on the difficulty of the task, how people went and other factors.

Well yeh, its to stop people from bludging through the course. They just want a consistent effort from you throughout the semester.
And look, the midsemester exam isn't super difficult. I don't know why you're even contemplating the fact that you might fail it, if you do your work you'll pass

SharkBait

HSC
im f*ked then

so, we actually have to pass this to pass the course? then im screwed. however, i do blieve this is only worh 15%. so i spose its aiite if we fail. altho i dont wish it upon anyone. in terms of the degree of difficulty...i wudnt say...mostly to be quite "challenging" *coughbullshitcough* they really mean 'so hard we will make even the boys from com/law cry' hahahhahaa...that'll be quite funny actually. altho, perhaps not if i failed. *sob*

kow_dude

HSC
Yea they're gonna make it hard to scare us, to make us study hard for the final exam which is worth much more

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Who would have the patience to acquire in-depth knowledge of Accounting?

alexialight

HSC
Abdul posted up on blackboard that we need to bring a calculator that is "non-programmable"... what does that mean? Does it mean we can't bring a calculator like those we used for maths in high school and have to bring just a basic calculator? I don't know what he means by "calculators that you cannot programme/record memory" because even a basic calculator has a memory button. Sorry to be picky but the only calculator i have at home is a scientific one and just wanna know whether i should buy a basic one tomorrow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)