accounting. is it hard? (1 Viewer)

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
Doing accounting isn't that hard (yet), it's the motivating yourself to do it that is...

hasterz

HSC
Suvat said:
Doing accounting isn't that hard (yet), it's the motivating yourself to do it that is...
so overall im getting a vibe that accounting is very boring.... why is this so?.. and more importantly why is it such an popular course when its "boring"

aditya

HSC
i dno.. hard is a good thing, if u like a particular area then go for the hardest thign, challenge urself, because this is ur career, possibly ur whole life... u want it to be ur forte not ur 8 hours a day dread shift....

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
deviation said:
Macquarie is the easiest.. so yea lol
ermm, no i beg to differ

our 100 exams were testing 200 levels. why ? coz alex malley our lecturer (president of cpa nsw) wanted to see who could earn their Disctinctions n HD's

then again, i got something to compare wif when i start up at unsw :p ;)

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Whats the best way of studying for Accounting, and what do you have to do in exams and shit, cause i did Business Studies in the HSC and went well in it so is it just your basic formulas and an extension on that and how to strategically manage capital

T

timbk2

Korn said:
Whats the best way of studying for Accounting, and what do you have to do in exams and shit, cause i did Business Studies in the HSC and went well in it so is it just your basic formulas and an extension on that and how to strategically manage capital
know ur stuff like the back of your hand.

Theres alot of memorising involved. Knowing formulas and things like cash budget accounts and profit/loss statement accounts and layouts off by heart helps during exams.

Make sure you understand all the theory behind everything and dont fall behind, cause once you do, u'll find it difficult to keep up, esp. if the workload is demanding.

Form a study group with your friends or something.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah timbk2 has hit the nail on the head.

Accounting in 1st year can become very annoying and difficult if you don't study it straight away...I struggled in the first half of accounting in my 1st semester because I didn't understand the most basic concepts. However, after I finally understood everything, I ended up with an HD. So the most important thing to remember is to study early and understand the concepts early! If you can't, go get help quick, because a uni semester goes by fairly quickly and you might dig yourself a hole come exam period.

Second year financial accounting (at UNSW anyway) gets increasingly difficult (in later years, accounting is split into management and financial), and really builds on concepts learned in 1st year, so if you limped over with passes in 1st year, it doesnt get any better in 2nd year

enemy

deviation said:
Macquarie is the easiest.. so yea lol
Are u doin Accountin at Mq?. I bet u r not or otherwise u would cry ur heart out in the exam room.

icecoffee

HSC
I realise this is an extremely old thread but was hoping someone might be able to shed some light on my queries.
When asked about studying for accounting, a lot of people seem to say, learn the basic concepts. What type of concepts do you mean and how? By memorising definitions?
I just feel really lost in accounting ...

Uncle

Banned
HSC
I realise this is an extremely old thread but was hoping someone might be able to shed some light on my queries.
When asked about studying for accounting, a lot of people seem to say, learn the basic concepts. What type of concepts do you mean and how? By memorising definitions?
I just feel really lost in accounting ...
Muppet sadism.

Ah accounting.
Reporting and verifying assets and expenses, just to be very brief.
Nothing too extensive.
Nothing to design, not a very high-level subject that requires intense thinking, at all. It could be automated too.
Aha! However icecoffee seems to be lost in accounting.
Then obviously, there is nothing to account for!
OHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO

Just harden the fuck up.
Accounting is not a technical subject.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)