accounting. is it hard? (1 Viewer)

hatty

Banned
hi

for those of you who do accounting or finance, do you think its hard? do u think going to lectures really helps? or just reading books and doing ur homework and stuff good enough? i ve heard going to ALL tutorals is a must, is this true?

theone123

blue essence
HSC
2nd yr accouting gets roomy, 3rd yr accouting is a monster!. from what i heard and all.

Jeevers

HSC
From my experience, finance is the most challenging and rewarding, especially if you are doing a specialized course in it. You must attend most of your tutorials and lectures for finance, as the theory complements the practical aspects. I don't do much accounting, so can't give you advice there. :uhhuh:

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
accounting is fun if u understand it well. if u don't understand the basic concepts then it can get annoying. so i reckon attendind lectures is imp coz it helps u understand the basic stuff. and tutorials make u practise exam style ques n since tutes r smaller than lectures ( ie less students), ur more free to ask questions......
attending lecs n tutes r both imp.......n moreover sometimes attending tutes is compulsory.....coz there r certain assignments held in tutes n at times attendance is also counted

scut

The Journeyman
HSC
I don't think accounting would be necessarily any easier or harder at different uni's. It's essentially the same content (for Introductory Accounting anyway) and the only reason why one uni would be harder than another would be if the lecturers set harder/easier exams. And not too many people would be able say with confidence that the same accounting exam at one uni is harder than an exam at another.

But if you spend a bit of time reading the textbooks and letting it absorb, accounting shouldn't be your worst enemy.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
hatty said:
hi

for those of you who do accounting or finance, do you think its hard? do u think going to lectures really helps? or just reading books and doing ur homework and stuff good enough? i ve heard going to ALL tutorals is a must, is this true?
Dont be lazy and just attend as many lectures and tutorials as you can. You will be thankful that you did this when your exam marks come back. By the way, accounting is pretty hard. I suggest that you just do plenty of practice questions and revise regularly and you will do fine.

ShAdow_FaX

HSC
i'm not the most brightest person when it comes to maths and numbers and all that jazz...but acct is sooooo do-able its not funny. its really not that difficult if u get the basic concepts and just study when u need to. i didn't even listen in tutes, just made sure to write down the correct answers to homework Q's, and figured them out by myself later on and finished 1st and 2nd semester with credits in acct. so yea its not that hard at all.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
ShAdow_FaX said:
i'm not the most brightest person when it comes to maths and numbers and all that jazz...but acct is sooooo do-able its not funny. its really not that difficult if u get the basic concepts and just study when u need to. i didn't even listen in tutes, just made sure to write down the correct answers to homework Q's, and figured them out by myself later on and finished 1st and 2nd semester with credits in acct. so yea its not that hard at all.
i agree that the actual work is not that hard or mathematically demanding...but it is kinda boring....so it can easily become hard if you dont make the effort to learn the concepts.

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
i would say its boring

of course i only did it 4 hsc so i dont noe that much, although i did get a band 6 4 it, proving it aint hard! (well hsc wasnt!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)