Accounting For Business (1 Viewer)

lil_mia

hey,
has anyone whois done this subject give me some advice as to pick option A or B? because the mid semester exam looks farily tricky and i get the feeling they expect alot since we've had it for a month...! anyone pick option A and got higher than a pass?

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Up to you dude... I took A cause Im lazy and didnt do any work for the first weeks. Option A was great for me, I ended up with 73 so I was pretty happy.

Keep in mind that the mid-semester is pretty much a giveaway. You have the questions in front of you. Do what u feel conformtable with

haz_it_all

i chose optionC but if ur goin b/w optionA or B id suggest u choose B
i also heard that they are more 'leniant' to ppl who choose options B/C -

just get a group of friends together and go thru the questions for the mid-sem (im assuming they still pre-release it to every1)....even if u dont know how to get the final answer of a question u will still be awarded the majority of the marks for working out etc

i still think optionC was the best :) helped me get 83

anyways each to their own....

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
i did Option A and i was happy with my choice. altho midsem is given to you, a lot of ppl said that it was marked harshly and there is a lot of stuff to prepare. if you do the 100% final, the risk is greater, but the rewards are greater too: not only do you not have to study for the first 9 weeks (believe me i didn't study) but it is possible to get a very good score if the final test favours you (it does, coz jon basically tells you what's in it and what to study for).

me? i got 93 for the final and the subject. :D

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Yeh the mid-sem is marked quite harshly because its pre-released.

Dave85

HSC
i did option b and i think its the way 2 go. u hav SO much time to prepare and the questions arent that bad. it takes a lot of pressure off come final exam time. thats why i picked it. its easy marks... take it!

Last edited:

Ch00

HSC
N/A
i did option C which was good if u put the work in. However, when i did it (and i am led to believe it is the norm in this subject) that once you get to the end of the course they basically go "notwithstanding your assessment option choice we will calculate your mark under A, B and C and you are awarded the highest mark". Doing B/C might provide you with a bit of insurance against a nasty final exam... But yes, i agree with other people, the mid semester is pretty tough but the practice at answering accounting questions under pressure is also good.

good luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)