Accounting Cadetships (1 Viewer)

boonaa89

HSC
ghostrider said:
I don't know i think its just tat fact that u r forced to major in accounting that really pisses me off...so fuckin maipulative.Ive got nothing against Commerce degrees but forcing u to major in accounting...thats a bit rich.
you can do double major's

sslions

HSC
Re: touchie...

boonaa89 said:
anyone else get one with kpmg?
Yep, i got KPMG risk advisory - internal auditing. What division are u in?

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
I'm a total fuckwit. I don't know why i didn't apply! I was so worked up about doing a cadetship that in the end i didn't even apply for one...not one. I hate the feeling of regret!

yeow333

HSC
ghostrider said:
and as for statement about pay i don't know which firm ur working for but at PWC, after tax $8-9/hour...maybe u ve been looking at the glossy prospectuses to much. Seeing as u r so rounded post five pros and five cons to have an accounting cadetship...maybe ull see the light.
Your pretty wrong ghostrider, I don't know what the pay rates were like in 2002, but PWC's contract this year starts at 30500 p.a. which works out to be $635.42 a wk (48 working wk's per year) which in the PWC week of 37.5hrs equates to $16.94.

I really cannot see, even with the highest tax rate, how that you could deduce it would be 8 bucks an hr.

shane23q06

HSC
PRICEWATERHOUSECOOPERS PRIVATE CLIENT SERVICES REPRESENT!!!! who cares about the pay? to make the big bucks you have to start from somewhere.

yeow333

HSC
shane23q06 said:
PRICEWATERHOUSECOOPERS PRIVATE CLIENT SERVICES REPRESENT!!!! who cares about the pay? to make the big bucks you have to start from somewhere.
haha respect ! i wonder when the PWC xmas party will be?
x

shane23q06

HSC
hell yeahh!! i dont know...but im pretty sure cadets receive and invite...

anyway...any pwc cadets here?

p.s the food at pwc is delicious....except on conquest day...the bread was chocolate colour...is that normal?

yeow333

HSC
yeh pwc's the shit ! yeh the food is awesome, i think that bread was like multigrain or something?

i duno. yeh xmas party shud go off. best two words ever created : open bar !

how was ur whole process in ? etc

cheers

shane23q06

HSC
lol haha yeah ill be 18 by then!! wooo
yeahh i had PKF and KPMG to go to...but when PwC called...i cancelled the other two...well i went to the PKF info evening for moral support for my mate(and the free food!!) ... then cancelled them.
my process in...well lets just say...i walked out from conquest day a changed man. i had a good day...
i think i cudve been in the interview all day...i dont know what i talked about? but when i was asked "what's goin on in the business world...and how does it affect pwc?"...i jus started talking through the hsc economics syllabus haha and at the end ..."well theres lots of money circulating around at the moment...that's where pwc comes in...so you's must be doin' pretty well ay?" :D it worked!

Sh4DoW

Finance Jock
HSC
I got a Cadetship with KPMG :) I wasn't going to apply for it, then I chose to and ended up dropping my application off in person the day before they closed. Very glad I did, the cadetships are awesome and can get you ahead very quickly. Plus you're working in the field related to your degree, getting paid for it and are guaranteed a job as a graduate. At least you have a decent income as a Uni student .. sure would beat working at Maccas/Safeway.

sslions

HSC
Sh4DoW said:
I got a Cadetship with KPMG :)
what division? damn, can't wait to meet all the other cadets in melbourne:)! you going to that?

Sh4DoW

Finance Jock
HSC
sslions said:
what division? damn, can't wait to meet all the other cadets in melbourne:)! you going to that?
I'm in MMA - There were 5 positions in MMA and 1 in Audit. I met my manager and one of my partner's last Thursday and they both seem like great blokes!

Ahh I'm not in Melbourne, I'm at the Albury office lol. I already know 2 of the other guys who got cadetships here, now I want to find out who the other 3 are! We don't all officially meet until our induction starts in January.. so I assume we don't go to that?

sslions

HSC
Sh4DoW said:
I'm in MMA - There were 5 positions in MMA and 1 in Audit. I met my manager and one of my partner's last Thursday and they both seem like great blokes!

Ahh I'm not in Melbourne, I'm at the Albury office lol. I already know 2 of the other guys who got cadetships here, now I want to find out who the other 3 are! We don't all officially meet until our induction starts in January.. so I assume we don't go to that?
Na, I'm in the Sydney office; just that all kpmg cadets fly to melbourne in february for a 3-4 day induction.

Sh4DoW

Finance Jock
HSC
sslions said:
Na, I'm in the Sydney office; just that all kpmg cadets fly to melbourne in february for a 3-4 day induction.
Ahh ok, I hadn't heard about that! I hope we go to that too... which from the sounds of it we probably will.. it would really be great to meet everyone else!

boonaa89

HSC
Sh4DoW said:
Ahh ok, I hadn't heard about that! I hope we go to that too... which from the sounds of it we probably will.. it would really be great to meet everyone else!
yeah all the cadets in oz go to it, i think from memory there should be around 500-600

Sh4DoW

Finance Jock
HSC
boonaa89 said:
yeah all the cadets in oz go to it, i think from memory there should be around 500-600
Ohh sweet! That sounds pretty awesome! Did you get a Cadetship with KPMG too or with another firm?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)