Accounting Cadetship 2008 (1 Viewer)

shoxgeneration

*pamplemousse
HSC
ShadowSwifter said:
does your friend recall what kind of activity she did during conquest?

wow seriously? that's hectic.... thank god i didn't have to go through conquest, few mates did though - said it was hella competitive.

NickLG

HSC
ShadowSwifter said:
does your friend recall what kind of activity she did during conquest?
Nah i forgot to ask her about the activities, i just asked about the interview and that's what she said her curve ball question was.

Nick

ShadowSwifter

HSC
shoxgeneration said:
wow seriously? that's hectic.... thank god i didn't have to go through conquest, few mates did though - said it was hella competitive.
did they make it?

thanks nick for the efforts.

jordankuai22

HSC
NickLeG said:
i found the same thing, the guy who interviewed me had only been at KPMG a year and it seemed like he'd never interviewed anyone before, he was a very dry man not a good conversationalist. He asked me for my TER, and i asked him what that was and he said he didn't know.........that made me question KPMG a bit, i think we reached an agreement that it was my estimated UAI. For other people going for Middle Market Advisory, i really hope for your sake you don't get the guy i got, wont mention a name but if you get him you'll know who i'm talking about.

Also who has conquest for PwC tomorrow?

Nick
me.

shakky15

HSC
hey hu went to tax and legal insight (syndey) for PwC tonight??

I couldnt go because of other commitments....

did i miss anything?

ShadowSwifter

HSC
shakky15 said:
hey hu went to tax and legal insight (syndey) for PwC tonight??

I couldnt go because of other commitments....

did i miss anything?
nop just like great food haha. really just turn up to conquest.

shakky15

HSC
ShadowSwifter said:
nop just like great food haha. really just turn up to conquest.
great food?? lol like what???

so r u sure i didnt miss anything? what was insight about then anyway??

ShadowSwifter

HSC
shakky15 said:
great food?? lol like what???

so r u sure i didnt miss anything? what was insight about then anyway??
prawns, roasted lamb..um lots of fried stuff and drinks

just talking to the reps, old cadets and there was a powerpoint presentation

thats it

shakky15

HSC
ShadowSwifter said:
prawns, roasted lamb..um lots of fried stuff and drinks

just talking to the reps, old cadets and there was a powerpoint presentation

thats it
lol looks good mmm.. rofl

anyway was the powerpoint presentation beneficial? any tips for interviews/conquest?

cacali

HSC
shakky15 said:
lol looks good mmm.. rofl

anyway was the powerpoint presentation beneficial? any tips for interviews/conquest?
None of them really said anything about it. They all said stuff like "Good luck for Conquest!" and "be yourself!" and "you'll be fine!" and "have fun!!"

shakky15

HSC
cacali said:
None of them really said anything about it. They all said stuff like "Good luck for Conquest!" and "be yourself!" and "you'll be fine!" and "have fun!!"
Lol typical....

I guess it wouldn't have been worth the pain in getting to the city (Im in the western suburbs)....

btw hus doing tax and legal , syd, and tuesday 8th July?

I need a buddy so I dont look like a loner :)

Vagabond

Machine
HSC
cacali said:
The thing is, this is the best advice and you don't realise it, i.e. just be confident, try to relax as much as possible, get sleep.

You're going to be interviewed. You're going to be asked to do a presentation. They're designed to test your conversation skills, communication skills, thinking on your feet skills.

2 years ago I had a group of friends go to KPMG final assessment day. I went the day before and literally went through every question, detail and trick that I had picked up on the day. Out of the 3-4 that went none of them made it through.

No form of 'answers' is going to ever prepare you.

The main benefit you should be taking from information nights etc is not tips on passing the assessment but rather developing an understanding/feel for the company and its people.

Last edited:
HSC
Vagabond said:
The thing is, this is the best advice and you don't realise it, i.e. just be confident, try to relax as much as possible, get sleep.

You're going to be interviewed. You're going to be asked to do a presentation. They're designed to test your conversation skills, communication skills, thinking on your feet skills.

2 years ago I had a group of friends go to KPMG final assessment day. I went the day before and literally went through every question, detail and trick that I had picked up on the day. Out of the 3-4 that went none of them made it through.

No form of 'answers' is going to ever prepare you.

The main benefit you should be taking from information nights etc is not tips on passing the assessment but rather developing an understanding/feel for the company and its people.
that's a very hresque response and doesn't really help anyone who's going to attend formal interviews for the first time ie: is the kind of waffle recruitment always give.

There are definitely ways to prepare- ie: having answers ready isn't the go as you rightly mentioned but being aware of the sorts of questions you can be asked is pretty important as well as knowing your cv or if you don't have one your application form inside out.

michael1990

HSC
cacali said:
That's some awesome advice. =)
Although.. is a "thank you" note necessary?
Not to me a thank you isn't needed. Although apprieciation is for sharing the information, i believe?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)