Accounting at Macquarie (1 Viewer)

funkyj

HSC
Hey Guys/Gals, I'm new on this forum so first I like to say Hi to everyone :) I found this site when I was surfing the net for information on what students have to say about their courses. I have enrolled for both Master of Accting (cpa extention) from Macquarie as well as the Master in Profess. Acc. from UNSW and I am still not sure as to which one I should take if I am offered a place in both the uni. I have many of my queries sorted by reading some of the other posts. Still in particular, the things that interests me are like the quality and standard of the course, the competency of the tutors/lecturers, percentage of asians in accounting courses, employment prospects/services and an average day in the life of a Macquarie accounting student. I hope some of you can shed some light on some of these matters so I can make a more informed judgement. Thanks! :wave:

Last edited:

Kabeio

k.
HSC
You'll find that a lot of people on this forum arent up to masters etc.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
I am not sure about this, but MAcc gives you CPA exemptions (or something similar?). Does the course at UNSW offers the same thing?

Like Kabeio said, not many people here would have much of an idea about Masters. :p

funkyj

HSC
I have a Bachelor degree in Marketing that I've completed from Auckland. This Master of Accounting (cpa extention) is I guess a fast track course for those that wants to change their career and as such only those from a different major/discipline are accepted into the program. Since the course assumes students to come from a non-accounting background, I would think it to be very similar to those of a bachelor one except maybe with a heavier workload ?? hmmmm... :rolleyes:

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
funkyj said:
I have a Bachelor degree in Marketing that I've completed from Auckland. This Master of Accounting (cpa extention) is I guess a fast track course for those that wants to change their career and as such only those from a different major/discipline are accepted into the program. Since the course assumes students to come from a non-accounting background, I would think it to be very similar to those of a bachelor one except maybe with a heavier workload ?? hmmmm... :rolleyes:
Yeah. I had a look at the MAcc course and the subjects that are undertaken are identicle to the ones that an undergrad does (well, in their names anyway:p)

funkyj

HSC
So can you guys tell me how is it like studying accounting at Macquarie? Is it fun and exciting and are the lecturers interesting and good? etc etc...........

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)