Accommodation at UNSW (1 Viewer)

ace

is retired
HSC
grimreaper said:
Bah I think youre exaggerating a lot of the bad things - another thing is that a couple of the colleges (basser and shalom at least) do have basins in each room contrary to what you said.
People are getting pedantic, it was meant as an aside to the other posts, anyhow;
- Referring to New College there
- Guessed the price range, from where the usual prices seem to float around
- Bah I think youre exaggerating a lot of the bad things --> So you admit they do exist, im telling the crowd things they should know. You have no right to bullsh*t them into paying that much money, when they don't know the full details. (Note: all the good things, etc. have been covered, it'd be pointless for me to re-state them :p)

Have fun, think wisely, judge your cash flows, in the end it's your decision.

grimreaper said:
Another thing is that for some of us theres really no option (Im moving to sydney and know no one nearby I could live with)
Simple, get to know people. :D

Last edited:

grimreaper

HSC
Well I dont plan to live in college for my whole degree or anything... but I think itd be the best option for anyone moving to sydney with few options as to where they stay. Btw I do agree, the colleges are fairly pricey

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
It's OK, ace. I still think you awesome, even if you have bad grammar. ;)

s2ophie

HSC
They are pricey but not that pricey when you really look at it. You get
-21 meals a week - giving you more time so you don't have to be cooking
-your room cleaned,
-your sheets washed,
-you get academic support (which acn be priceless depending on your degree), you pay for location,
-you get to meet a heap of people who are all great people (plus they've been selected so they're less likely to be crazy or whatever,)
-you get all the things that the uni offers like mentoring programs through friendships with ppl who are older than you,
-you have and absolutley awesome social life,
-they're are heaps of opportunities to get involved in plenty of things like productions etc,
-if you're from out of town its the perfect place to meet ppl in the same position as you,
-the rooms really aren't that small and they have/fit everything you need
-there is a awesome sense of community
-you get for free things like computer support

College is great for some people and its just not for some other people. Also when you compare it to if you had to set up a place you were renting, those initial set up costs and maintenence throughout the year make college look quite decently priced.

grimreaper

HSC
jang said:
this rocks.... so if i apply now... will i get a place for 2005?
I dont think they start taking applications until around mid way through the year, I didnt apply till october. Also spots are fairly competitive, so dont think its easy to get a place

s2ophie

HSC
its pretty late but it can't help trying. once offers come out ppl who had been offered place might not end up coming to UNSW. I would send off your form but ring the college you are applying for and say why you're applying so late.

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
Slide Rule said:
you're one of a kind for thinking like that O.O

on the other hand, living in college could potentially be good for using CSE computers at night, it'd just be a short walk there.. (thinkin of late night quakin)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Thinking he is awesome or that he has bad grammar or both? :p

I was kidding about his grammar. :p

ace

is retired
HSC
underthesun said:
you're one of a kind for thinking like that O.O

on the other hand, living in college could potentially be good for using CSE computers at night, it'd just be a short walk there.. (thinkin of late night quakin)

Be carefull, or GCC shall become your fate. (He knows what I mean)

Last edited:

ace

is retired
HSC
Slide Rule said:
You have committed a GRAMMATICAL ERROR. You will be SEIZED for RE-GRAMMAR EDUCATION.

Should be "you're" not "you". :D

The post count grows each and every day.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
ace said:
You have committed a GRAMMATICAL ERROR. You will be SEIZED for RE-GRAMMAR EDUCATION.

Should be "you're" not "you". :D

The post count grows each and every day.
Are... yes. That grammatically error was tactical placed on there's too test you're level in grammer.

ace

is retired
HSC
Slide Rule said:
Are... yes. That grammatically error was tactical placed on there's too test you're level in grammer.
Need I refute such. The point is made by your post, or rather, lack there of use of grammar.

jang said:
so if its too late to apply for college any suggestions for alternatives?
(i want food)
Shared housing, apartment, etc.

At UNSW, in the housing office, they have billboards full of advertisements for the aforementioned items.

jang

is not my real name
HSC
ace said:
Shared housing, apartment, etc.

At UNSW, in the housing office, they have billboards full of advertisements for the aforementioned items.
oh yeh they would ay... but i cbf to go there... do u think there be such classifieds on the net?

uniquest

HSC
i am a foundation course student (not yet started). i am looking for accomodation near the unsw.

Uniloge is offering accomodation for foundation students. but unfortunately couldn't book on time. Is there any other residential colleges for foundation students?

thx

grimreaper

HSC
uniquest said:
i am a foundation course student (not yet started). i am looking for accomodation near the unsw.

Uniloge is offering accomodation for foundation students. but unfortunately couldn't book on time. Is there any other residential colleges for foundation students?

thx
I think all the colleges will accept foundation studies students. However it may be too late to apply for most now. If youre a guy, you might still get into Warrane college - I know a guy who applied last year not long before now and still got in, you can apply online.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)