Acclerated Electrons, Black Body and Photoelectric (1 Viewer)

for8sicks

I would really like to know how (in detail) electrons are accelerated and whether a spark, produced from an induction coil, accelrates an electron.
Also I dont quite understand black body radiation, I think it is just simply energy given off by a substance hotter than its environment, but is there a pattern between all substances or are they all different, and what does it mean the 'dominiant wavelegth' given off by a hot object.
Also with the photoelectric effect, does the UV light provide extra energy for the electrons to 'jump' from the cathode to anode, or am i way off....

Appreciate any help
Thanks

Also i have trials next week eek

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Doesnt accelerating an electron invovle the cathode and the anode ? ie. the cathode produces the electrons and they are accelerated because there is an anode.

black body radiation is emitted uniformly in all directions of the black body.
dominant wavelgnth refers to the peak of the graph where the star emits most of its energy (?)

UV light has a higher frequency and thus, more frequency is more energy (E =hf). more energy, more release of electrons from the metal's surface. in terms of solar cells and photoelectric cells, i beleive you are right.

omg i just realised how rusty i am on this topic. please post if i've made any mistakes :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)