Accidentally smudging the Multiple Choice sheet (1 Viewer)

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Because of my pen, I accidentally made a small smudge on the MC answer sheet in the SC last year. If the same thing happened in the HSC, would the computer read that as "Incorrect"? Also, suppose you cross out the right answer and write "correct" above it, how does the computer read this?

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Oh OK.
On the multiple choice sheet for the SC it said "This will be marked by a computer" so I thought the same system would apply for the HSC.
So are the MCs double-marked as well? Teachers from past experience seem to make the most mistakes marking the MC...don't ask me why though.

edd91

HSC
I'm pretty sure HSC multiple choice is computer marked, with a random selection being marked by hand also

Gemstone

As far as I know the MC are computer marked. I don't think there double marked I was told that it was only for questions that are worth more than 5 marks or something like that. So like in English the first section isn't double marked. I don't know if that's right though.

Gemma

Tuna

HSC
N/A
Which subject in the HSC is multiple choice except for the sciences?

Tuna

HSC
N/A
Which subject in the HSC is multiple choice except for the sciences?

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
you are suppose to use lead pencil to do the MC tests!!
i don't see why you used pen

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Tommy_Lamp said:
Maths isnt multiple choice. well at least advanced isnt (dunno about general and xtension).
General maths has a multiple choice section.

Also Engineering studies has 15 or so.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I think that if the computer reads two answers for any particular question it spits it out and a hand marker determines which one was crossed out.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Donshe said:
Imagine they were, how the fuck do you cross out a wrong answer then??

And if that can be solved by a simple cross through the wrong one or something, what if you decide to go back to that one?

Pencil, yeah. Pen, doubtful.
Nah, it's pen.
If you look on past papers, it says "fill in with a blue or black pen".
If you crossed out the right answer, you put "correct" above it to show that that was your intended response.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
withoutaface said:
I think that if the computer reads two answers for any particular question it spits it out and a hand marker determines which one was crossed out.
Maybe I'll just get a less leaky pen for the MC section.
In competitions, if you mark two answers the computer just marks you wrong. They'd better not do that in the HSC though.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Then just leave it, come back to it, think about it, circle the one you think is right. If you think you're wrong about that one, just cross it out and fill in the alternative you think is right - no harm done. If not, just fill in all 4 circles and write "correct" above the one you think is correct (although this is stupid).

Hhhmmm. Come to think about it, what happens if you realise the one you wrote "correct" above is actually wrong???

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
Then just leave it, come back to it, think about it, circle the one you think is right. If you think you're wrong about that one, just cross it out and fill in the alternative you think is right - no harm done. If not, just fill in all 4 circles and write "correct" above the one you think is correct (although this is stupid).

Hhhmmm. Come to think about it, what happens if you realise the one you wrote "correct" above is actually wrong???
You cross out the word correct and put it above another circle:)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
If that happens i just tend to write the letters down the column next to the circles.

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
Donshe said:
As I said before, this has potential to become very messy.

I've handed in tests before with all 4 choices circled and weird markings every where.

Think I need to practice MCQ.
just use POE- process of elimination :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)