ACCG105 - Last Minute Help (1 Viewer)

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
CloudStrife said:
pass? i need a credit...stoopid acst exemptions....(-_-)
hope its not too hard....

GL all!
All you need is an average of 65 (with a minimum of 60) in ACCG105 and 253, and out of the actuarials I know who did 253 they all got Ds and HDs.

CloudStrife

HSC
thas the stuffed up thingy with the acst exemptions....from wat i know, there's like only 2 subjects that actualli require Cr grades as prerequisites ...ACST200 (ACST101 Cr)and ACST211(STAT171 Cr)....other subjects just require P as prereqs so I think getting a P won't stop me from doing higher level subjects but the P would mean I'd have to redo the subjects that i needed a Cr....

correct me if i'm wrong coz this is all i know.....heheh

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
You're pretty much right.

However, you should be cautious about getting too many Ps because it would sink your GPA. A fair few 200 and 300 level ACST units require you to have a GPA of 2.50 or above.

CloudStrife

HSC
hmmm, from wat i read on website...its not average of the 2 subjects....it was Credit and above for each subject......

yeh....i shood hab made good use of 1st year.....coz i heard stories that Ds/HDs are hard to get in later years.....
i'm going to try study my ass starting this summer....with ECON201.....:p

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
It should be min 60 and average 65 for you lot (those in my year and earlier need min 57 and average 65).

From what I've seen Ds are much easier in first year (HDs in ACST/STAT units besides ACST101 are hard no matter what year you're in).

ECON201 isn't much use besides finishing off the Economics exemption. Whereas other units are built upon and they are worth understanding (properly).

Last edited:

CloudStrife

HSC
ohhh.....coz i didn't Credit STAT171 so gota do that and ACST211 next year....so I asked for advice and they told me I could do ECON201 in summer and ACCG253 later coz its not prerequisite for other subjects

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
It depends how you go in MATH133 and ACST200/STAT272 (first sem, second year). If you can't do ACST255 then you might as well do ECON201 or ACCG253 then.

(Count yourself lucky, because people in the old system would be behind a year if they didn't get a P or above in ACST211 because it was a prereq for ACST243 in second year. ACST211 is a prereq for ACST354(?) now.)

CloudStrife

HSC
woh, i guess i am lucky...funny.....ppl ask me if actuary is hard and i'm like, "i rekon its the same as any other course, if u study and keep up with the work, its not too hard"....but given my current status, the course is already tough....hopefully wen i redo stat171 i can get D to boost GPA up....

i'm also full lost as to what the prereqs are for the 'new' ACST subjects....

anyway....gota go finish crammin for 105...thanks for advice flyin

Last edited:

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
If you work hard/consistently it isn't a hard course. I didn't know what working hard/consistently was until people like flamin' are like - I haven't done this Topic; read - haven't read through and understood everything and done questions, twice!

I don't think it counts towards your GPA when you redo a unit.

The prereqs are up under ACSTINFO in WebCT or outside STAT labs in the Actuarial Dept announcement place.

Edit - Good luck and remember to sleep and drink lotsa water.

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
flyin' said:
Edit - Good luck and remember to sleep and drink lotsa water.
i didnt sleep enough and drink lots of water and i woke up late today and woulda missed like 30 mins of the exam... but hoorah for fast trains lol

anywayz how did everyone go?
i thought it was hella hard
damn cash flow statement question :mad:

CloudStrife

HSC
overall test was alrite......but that cash flow statement Q......i think i failed that section miserably....

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
it wasnt too hard, lol at the practice set questions there good questionnnns

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
yeh very hard from my perspective... cash flow was worth wayyy too much from my perspective 20% of the paper... the financial position and performance were only 12% together!

golfstick

balbrady's balbarer
HSC
N/A
cash flows was fucked, but the exam overall could have been a lot worse.

i also didn't sleep

i have lost all faith in uni exams, i may have passed this course and there is no way that i deserved to. surely my degree will not be worth the paper it's written on hahaha

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Orange Juice said:
erm... i think it was pink actually... does pink turn you on?
Why, of course. (No, I was curious how many exemption units were pink paper finals)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)