Access Scheme (1 Viewer)

toisthbe

Evil Member
i had my trials eng std today..wasn't too bad..anywayz...

ACCESS SCHEME!

the last 2 weeks for me has made me consider in applying, has anyone here got through access scheme? how does it work? i'm not really clear about the things..

i'm considering this because my house jus got burgled last friday... and my room is fully trashed (not much difference from the original state btw)

and also i get youth allowance,

and i'll be moving houses on the 18th of oct.. WHICH IS GODAMN 2 DAYS BEFORE the 2003 HSC starts..ahhahaahah, of which 2 days before my burglary was the day we put the deposit on the new house...

so do i hav anychance of getting access scheme? i heard u need really drastic circumstances..are mine drastic enough?

jay2000

Highest Member
HSC
i got it last year and nah...it's not hard..

i think a couple of people actually got through even though they only received youth allowance and nothing else was wrong!!

BUT...i think UTS is more strict about access applicants unlike say, unsw. that is, u'll be needing more than youth allownace for UTS:)

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
"Step 4: Submit your EAS application to UAC no later than Tuesday 30 September 2003. Some institutions allow late direct applications; others do not."
from uac.

oh yay it i can still submit!!

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
About how say, UNSW allow for 5% for each course dedicated for the EAS scheme ppl, if these fill up, can those under the scheme be part of the normal uni enrolment?

Mr.Ugly

WHere do we get forms?
do you guys think this would classify?
boy living in south west area, but having to go to school in lower north shore. and gotta leave at 630 to go to school

toisthbe

Evil Member
most people wake up around that time even though school starts at 8:50am...hehehe
unless u're disadvtanged because u live in the country, and theres no schools, so u havta travel really far...

Mr.Ugly

but i gotta leave at 630, not wake up!
im so gonna make up crap just so i can get marks cuz i doubt i can get into any of the courses i want to, in the unis in the city

jay2000

Highest Member
HSC
Originally posted by enak
About how say, UNSW allow for 5% for each course dedicated for the EAS scheme ppl, if these fill up, can those under the scheme be part of the normal uni enrolment?
yah...think you only get considered if you are under the normal cutoff...but since you are an access student...they say you get selected first for things like jobs on campus..

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
It is... the clsing date is around September..

Just how compeititive are they? For CSU, for example?

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Originally posted by sukiyaki
WHAT?
isnt the closing date 30/09?
Sorry, yeah you're right, I thought you guys were talking bout special consideration for HSC exams. My bad.

Mr.Ugly

Originally posted by jay2000
yah...think you only get considered if you are under the normal cutoff...but since you are an access student...they say you get selected first for things like jobs on campus..
whatta you mean by jobs?

HSC
Originally posted by Mr.Ugly
WHere do we get forms?
do you guys think this would classify?
boy living in south west area, but having to go to school in lower north shore. and gotta leave at 630 to go to school
hi there. you're joking right?
go on, devalue the system a bit more. take the places of the people who deserve consideration - who actually are disadvantaged. go to bed earlier. how exactly does it disadvantage you? catch diseases on public transport? have to mingle with "common people" who can't afford the privilege of being sent to a private north shore school?
i'm applying to uts, but my reason is a little more credible. i train 16 hours a week for my sport. i compete at world championships. and hell, i leave for school at 7, isnt life tough.

fyi - uts is less strict with eas (or maybe a little more exposed to the real world), nsw is tight. literally.

Exeter

Resident Megaphone
HSC
u just got fuckin CUT

yeh stop trying to rort (sp) the system so you can get a couple extra dollars a year and give it to people that actually need it
i study in a house that is bout 70 meters away from Hells Angels Headquarters (bikey gang in sydney if you dunno) and i hear gunshots being fired all the time in my neighbourhood, also i can hear domestic fights in the neighbouring houses

i know that i dont deserve an access scheme grant coz of this coz the ppl that are disadv are those children living in such houses with domestic disputes etc

Last edited:

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i think you shouldnt do it..i mean, there are kids that genuinely need it (take a girl in my year, all highschool her average has never dropped below 95% for any subject) but this entire year she has had glandular fever..i have seen her twice this term..do you really think that the fact that your moving and you got robbed should let you possibly take her place? i dont.

HSC
hmm
im applying under "crowded living conditions" (9 ppl in a 5 bedroom house)
you reckon UTS will take it?
so much work to get it tho...gotta get a bloody floor plan of the house!!

oh btw i think its based on size of the house so uhh...dont automatically think that these rooms are big!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)