Accepting Uni offers? (1 Viewer)

BlytheChloe

HSC
Hey Uni offers don't come out til 17/01 so I'm wondering how you go about accepting the offer. Like online through UAC or they send you a letter and you have to send something back.

I want to go overseas before the 17th...

murphj

HSC
Ring up or go down to your uni and ask if you can fill it out online etc. I'm going overseas too (i got into early entry) so I rang them up and they gave me a link to this form and i filled it out, signed it and gave it to the uni and they said that i can hand the offer letter in when i get back.

so just go down and contact them and you should be able to fix it up. although mine was early entry so it may be different for you. :)

BlytheChloe

HSC
Okay I know someone who goes to UTS and he said they send you enrolment forms after you accept the offer then you have to go to them to hand it in and they create your student ID...

Uni offers come out on the 17th of January and I believe my flight overseas is on the 21st or 23rd... Is this enough time to do this???

Can I enrol when I come back? Around the 20th February??

krayzie_

HSC
Umm, yea you can accept it online FOR sure, but now you mention it YES you have to come in again to do enrollments and talk to some faculty members as well as do your student ID, to memory i had to book for an enrollment session and come in on a designated day to do all that.

I think if you want to be sure you should contact the student administration unit and ask them as they will be much much better to direct you in the right direction. However I would *think* that they would have some procedure to accomadate future students like yourself. It is much better for you to contact them and find out rather then risk going missing enrollments and possibly losing your place.

Hope this helps.

BlytheChloe

HSC
krayzie_ said:
Umm, yea you can accept it online FOR sure, but now you mention it YES you have to come in again to do enrollments and talk to some faculty members as well as do your student ID, to memory i had to book for an enrollment session and come in on a designated day to do all that.

I think if you want to be sure you should contact the student administration unit and ask them as they will be much much better to direct you in the right direction. However I would *think* that they would have some procedure to accomadate future students like yourself. It is much better for you to contact them and find out rather then risk going missing enrollments and possibly losing your place.

Hope this helps.
Thanks.

Should I contact them now or when I accept the offer?

Last edited:

krayzie_

HSC
You should do it now just to be safe. Use the online service desk found here https://servicedesk.uts.edu.au and long on as a guest.

Submit your query and they will contact you, generally very fast my experiance has been less than a day. They should answer your questions.

Did you apply for UTS as all your preferences? Because if you didn't you may have to contact all the universities which you applied at to make sure.

BlytheChloe

HSC
krayzie_ said:
You should do it now just to be safe. Use the online service desk found here https://servicedesk.uts.edu.au and long on as a guest.

Submit your query and they will contact you, generally very fast my experiance has been less than a day. They should answer your questions.

Did you apply for UTS as all your preferences? Because if you didn't you may have to contact all the universities which you applied at to make sure.
Nuh not all. It's not even my first preference but I won't get into USYD (98.40) unless there's a miracle and I'll definitely get into UTS Visual Comm. (90) coz they give out 5 bonus (or was it 10) and I'll get at least 85 UAI for sure ...

Yeah I'll ask now then thanks.

BlytheChloe

HSC
I asked them yesterday and I got this today.

WTF does this mean?

Request 273196 Closed
Description: If I accept a University offer on 17/0/08 since that's when it comes out and I go overseas around the 21st or 23rd of January and return around the 20th February then how do I go about enrolling?
Must I enrol before leaving or after coming back from overseas?
Comment by Analyst: Status changed from 'open' to 'close'
This is an automatically generated email for your information only, please do not reply to this message. You will need to login to the UTS Service Desk at https://servicedesk.uts.edu.au to ammend this request.

BlytheChloe

HSC
Musk said:
Go to the weblink and log in you will find the info there
I'm not a student there yet?

I logged in as guest and that takes you to the "Ask a Question" page?

krayzie_

HSC
Hey Blyth..

Thats abit weird the analyst should of posted a reply to you, but anyway, here is a link to UTS dates http://www.handbook.uts.edu.au/dates.html

Ok, so main UAC rounds are on the 17th January 08 @ 9pm, YOUR enrollment will be during 4th -21st February 08. Your faculty will have their designated days which you will have to come in to do all the stuff you need to do. They may have a process for prospective students such as you who may be away. You will need to call up SAU since the service desk couldn't be bothered to answer your question. Also your orientation day for new undergraduates beings on the 11th - 22nd of February 08, however this is not compulsory. I didn't go and I'm fine.

So my advice to you is, unless you really must go on this vacation - go either earlier and come back earlier or don't go if you don't want to miss the enrollment (there may be another way?)

Also refer to this site http://www.newstudents.uts.edu.au/ its where you will have to go once you have been offered placement!

Hope this helps.

raiders771

HSC
im pretty sure someone can go for you to the enrolment whether its friends or family, they can enrol in the subjects and that on your behalf, that's if worse comes to worse

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
raiders771 said:
im pretty sure someone can go for you to the enrolment whether its friends or family, they can enrol in the subjects and that on your behalf, that's if worse comes to worse
Proxy. You'll have to nominate a family/friend and they can enrol for you.

Then...
http://newstudents.uts.edu.au/resources.html

Did you enrol by proxy?

If you enrolled by proxy, you need to obtain a UTS Student ID Card: Take your Authority to Issue ID Card form (as collected by your proxy at enrolment) along with photo ID (license or passport) to your UTS Student Centre

Last edited:

BlytheChloe

HSC
Thanks for the info guys. Better help than the freaking student service thing.

Who the hell is Ross?

Do you wait for them to send you the enrolment forms or just go there and enrol straight away?

If I asked a friend to enrol for me, do I have to inform UTS (formally?) that I'm using a "proxy" and what kind of information or documents do I need to give the friend?

I get the Student ID after I come back?

I really want to go on this vacation because I've missed out on 3 previous ones where my whole family went in the last 2 years due caring about school so much...and considering I just finished my HSC and all. I didn't go Queensland with friend to save money on for this trip ><

But I may just miss another vacation because I care about Uni so much and my cunt of a mother just pissed me off.

Cheers.

BlytheChloe

HSC
Nevermind.

I'm going overseas in 2 days and coming back early February =O

Alone.

Stupid University enrolments.

Fruitsalad

HSC
Is it just me who thinks it's mean making us wait a while for our HSC results....and then again for offers??
I have friends overseas who recieve their high school yr 12 results in just over a week...

I am probably just impatient :rolleyes:

HSC
ah crap..

I'm going overseas from 19th Jan- 22nd Feb -.-' So i'll be missing those days..

yeah i tried asking the online info desk something and i never got a reply, just that stupid automatic thing too :angry:

=S I did call them though a while ago, and they said they didn't know when i'd need to come back to enrol, just to make myself available at the very end of the month and so these tickets were booked o_O and now i hear this!!

ah wells...can't do anything now

:uhoh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)