Accepting uni offers - stressing out bad (1 Viewer)

HSC
alright really stressing out...

i'm an international student and so i got my first preference offer when the uais first came out. I only noticed today on my uni offer letters "Acceptance date: within 14 days from the date of the covering Offer of Admission or before 5 pm Friday 6 Febryary 2009 whichever is earlier"

DOES THAT MEAN i LOST MY OFFER??? it just my family is organising all the money for me so i can pay for the commencement fee so i can accept the offfer and i thought i could wait up to 6th of february.

help asap

Affinity

HSC
accept it now.. you don't have to pay until later... unless there's some visa issue... I am sure whichever uni it is... they will be willing to make some arrangements

HSC
Affinity said:
accept it now.. you don't have to pay until later... unless there's some visa issue... I am sure whichever uni it is... they will be willing to make some arrangements
nah the problem is i have to pay a commencement fee of 12 500 with health cover in order to accept the offer and my parents are working on that. do you think i lost my offer?

Affinity

HSC
CheeseHelpLine said:
nah the problem is i have to pay a commencement fee of 12 500 with health cover in order to accept the offer and my parents are working on that. do you think i lost my offer?
talk to the university... usually works.. tell them you are trying to get finances in place. you probably have to get it arranged before mid march.. I suppose that is when you old visa expires

HSC
alright after a series of long calls and a whole night freaking out, i finally got a reply.

I'M SAFE until the 6th of Feb

God my heart felt like it about to shatter when they put on those 10 minute holds.
Thanks for all the help guys!

=)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Rofl, so it turns out I've actually exceeded my own application thing by a few days now, hopefully they're lenient.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Your own application? You're a sucker for more, yet again? I've been too absent from here to know what's going on :p

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
iambored said:
Your own application? You're a sucker for more, yet again? I've been too absent from here to know what's going on :p
*points to sig*

Deferring the PhD while I do the Ba Dip Ed >.>

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
AsyLum said:
*points to sig*

Deferring the PhD while I do the Ba Dip Ed >.>
:eek: I didn't even know you were considering a PhD, let alone deferring it. Good on you! :). I, however, am so relieved to never have another uni assignment to do!! Woo-hoo!

(Although I was browsing the handbook yesterday, but let's not go into that... and in reality, I'm pretending that my uni work is done, it will go on for a few months yet, but as a graduate).

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
iambored said:
:eek: I didn't even know you were considering a PhD, let alone deferring it. Good on you! :). I, however, am so relieved to never have another uni assignment to do!! Woo-hoo!

(Although I was browsing the handbook yesterday, but let's not go into that... and in reality, I'm pretending that my uni work is done, it will go on for a few months yet, but as a graduate).
Neither did I really rofl, thus the deferral :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)