accepting offers from OS online... (1 Viewer)

Phatphil

Does anyone know whether you can accept a uni offer online at Usyd or UNSW commerce?

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
you can accept offers online from unsw... not sure about usyd though..

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Actually you accept offers online through UAC. Then you enrol at the institution. If you won't be in the country on enrolment day then you really should get a proxy organised to enrol on your behalf. Some courses have online enrolment (UNSW did last year) but don't depend on it, especially if you're going somewhere with unreliable connections.

Blay

the TwinBlade
would it be safe to say that we're all from SYDNEY
HSC
is china considered an unreliable connection? o_O (hey im being serious here)
im chasing courses for all three Uni in the sydney metro area (usyd, unsw, uts). coz i don't think i'll be back from china until Feb 15th so right now Online acceptance would be my best hope?

Does anyone know when the enrolment dates usually are?? like between which dates?

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Change your travel plans. Enrolment can be any time from late January to late February, and it's a real pain to get proxy enrolment because if something you want isn't available you have to choose something else ON THE SPOT.

It's far easier for you to be onshore and prepare your contingencies in person than have to do all the faculty handbook reading before you leave (to hand over to your proxy). It is also much less confusing.

Blay

the TwinBlade
HSC
hmmm a few questions:

1) when accepting does that mean that the spot in the course is guarenteed to me?

2) The proxy is only allowed to sign for you if you've filled out Supplementary Form A right? Well I didn't know whether I'd be going overseas at that time when I made my UAC selections over the phone, would I be able to send the Supplementary Form A now?

mattsta

hahaha
HSC
You get posted out a bit of paper from UAC with a barcode on it. You normally post this bit of paper back to your UNIVERSITY along with anything else the university sends out (which normally arives on the same date).

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
If you get into UNSW, don't worry - you can do everything online.

But for the other uni's, it'd be better if you were there in person, but a proxy will work, just make sure they have all your details, everything thats relevant

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Blay said:
does UTS allow for web enrolment?

http://www.sau.uts.edu.au/enrolment/how_to/Web-enrolment2005.html

or are those restricted to certain people? eg post-grads?
UTS said:
Who will be able to web-enrol?
Students in nominated courses will have an opportunity to complete re-enrolment in subjects for 2005 via web-enrolment on My Student Admin. Each nominated course will have an associated web-enrolment window of dates, between which web-enrolment into subjects in the course is accessible.
So not noobs, they aren't re-enrolling ...

Blay

the TwinBlade
HSC
great... so i have to do all enrolments with proxy except for UNSW >< ok then... thanks for your help everyone...

On the UTS form i read that the proxy brings in the proxy form on the day of the enrolment, does this apply for the Usyd one as well??

On the UTS proxy form on the first page they ask for my country of birth and country of citizenship, however i do not understand the purpose of the 4 boxes on the side. Are they asking for the year that i was born and the year of which i attained my citizenship? Or are they for purely administrative purposes?

On the UTS proxy form on the second page the last question asks for completed education. Part 5 says TAFE award. Currently I've attained my Cert II in IT as a HSC subject, does that count? Do I tick the completed all requirements box?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)