Accepting Offers / Enrolling; HOMG WTF (1 Viewer)

letthesunrise

HSC
So, this whole accepting / enrolling business is seriously confusing me. Do we have to fill out a Commonwealth Assistance form online? Where are supposed to get the Information booklet from? How do we pick units? How do we enrol? ZOMG UGH.

Can someone provide some sort of outline or something concerning all of this? I don't even know what order to do it in, or what's happening on that Academic Advisory day, or the orientation, or what I have to pay etc.

I can't be the only one with complete lack of understanding, can I?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
So, this whole accepting / enrolling business is seriously confusing me. Do we have to fill out a Commonwealth Assistance form online? Where are supposed to get the Information booklet from? How do we pick units? How do we enrol? ZOMG UGH.

Can someone provide some sort of outline or something concerning all of this? I don't even know what order to do it in, or what's happening on that Academic Advisory day, or the orientation, or what I have to pay etc.

I can't be the only one with complete lack of understanding, can I?
No you aren't the only one who doesn't read the instructions, go back and read them over here:

Macquarie University

See what I mean about being able to enrol yourself into uni to be a better form of entry requirement Pwnage :p

Tonthat

HSC
first years need to attend on-campus academic advising before you can enrol.

Lebstr

HSC
i cannot attend the academic advising, can i use a proxy?

kevinant

HSC
Firstly, Get your student number from a webpage by typing your UAC application number and birthdate
https://www.student.mq.edu.au/enrol/undergrad/new/MQIDLookup/MQIDLookup.php
(I agree this is confusing and took me few hours to work it out)

Secondly, Log into your estudent and accept offer.

Third, attend Academic Advisory day and bring your TFN, photo id and student number, you don't really need money as student fees are paid with HECS-HELP (unless you wanna pay it upfront). Fill in the Commonwealth Assistance form there with your TFN so you can enroll..

Finally, attend the orientation day to gain more information (but do not get scared when they talk about essay writing and assume there are lots of assignment, in fact the number of research assignment is less than HSC).
Make sure you get an ID card on that day (You can get it at enrolment day as well..but there are too many ppls there and the waiting time will be long).

I know the process is very confusing for students so I just explain them in detail.

Lebstr: Yes, you can use a proxy, just fax your form
http://www.reg.mq.edu.au/Undergrad/Forms/Proxy.pdf
to your parent, friend or whoever willing to do it for you.

Last edited:

urahb

HSC
how long does it take uac to receive an application (the apply-by-web) thing? for late round it says applications should be in by 23rd jan (midnight?)...i did mine at around 7 30...someone said it takes like 6.5-7 days...and the closing date for late round is 27th jan, does this mean mine won't be received?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
how long does it take uac to receive an application (the apply-by-web) thing? for late round it says applications should be in by 23rd jan (midnight?)...i did mine at around 7 30...someone said it takes like 6.5-7 days...and the closing date for late round is 27th jan, does this mean mine won't be received?
From memory, it's basically once you pay/submit. There shouldn't be any logistical reason why it shouldn't.

I applied on the last night that Main Round preferences could be changed and got my Main Round offer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)