Acceptable forms of ID (1 Viewer)

i-am-original

I'm old!!
HSC
What ID will be accepted in Surfers? I'm driving up and I don't want to lose my licence so I want to use my P1 Licence as a form of ID, problem is its got a bloody hole in it. Can I use that, or do I have to go get a replacement licence?

Straight Ridah

HSC
usually as long as its still in date, even if its got a hole punched in it they might let ya use it. but if its out of date and its been punched it looks pretty dodge... best to just get a replacement, its only like $19 for P1 i think, i still gotta get a new one now, not that i think ill need it in bali.

greecke

HSC
the only forms of id you can use are drivers licence, passport or over 18 card. You cant use your P1 licence if the hole is through your birth date (which it probably is) so instead of getting a new licence, just go to your local rta and get an over 18 card for the same price.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
the hole shouldnt be thru yr birth date.
you still should be able to use it as ID, well thats what the rta dude told me.

joeyjeremy

HSC
Over 18 Card
Passport
Birth Certificate hahahah :p jk jk it is but its pretty weird :p
Hmmm....
Might get away with a school ID card + photo and Birthday

Good Luck :D

:) :) :) GO SCHOOLIES!! wooohoo!!! Getting closer day by day!! :) :) :)
CYA yas ALL UP Surfers!!! and PARTY ON!!

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
ballerinabarbie said:
joeyjeremy said:
Might get away with a school ID card + photo and Birthday
QUOTE]

you won't... u need a license, passport or over 18 card
actually u can, its at the discretion of the establishment as to whether they accept any other forms of id.

HSC
You may also find that you run into trouble applying for an 18+ card while holding a licence, they ask you to surrender it (At least going from 18+ card to licence they do, I assume it's the same the other way as well).

Why don't you just use your licence, and replace it if you lose it? Works out the same cost (*IF* something goes wrong and you do lose it), plus you're guaranteed to have acceptable id?

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
breaking said:
actually u can, its at the discretion of the establishment as to whether they accept any other forms of id.
In NSW, legislation only allows 4 forms of ID: NSW Drivers Licence or another states equilivlent, Passport or another country's equilivent, an 18+ Card or a Birth Card (25+).

This is legislation. No other form of ID is acceptable. If the "establishment" (you're probably refering to 'house rules') could decide which forms of ID to use, they could let people go in on school library cards or photo copied birth certificates. If the creak these guidelines, they're up for a massive fine. If you have ever done an RSA or RCG you'd probably know-but obviously not.

If it was me, I'd get a new ID. If I know anything about bouncers, they are picky bastards and at least you could have peace of mind knowing you would actually get in.

sunite

bfdaasf
HSC
yer u can, my friend borrowed his older bro`s P`s(reds) and that had a hole punched through it, and as they were going as a group with the brother, and he was underaged...... (but dat is another story), he said he lost his liscence through drink driving, and that is the reason why there is a hole through it, if the bouncer says no, tell him u want to talk to management, or call the cops, mate, the cops will back you on this one;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)